Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stupid driver last night

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
it was 1am this morning and i was in my room, just got back home, when suddenly i hear a car race along the road in the distance- and a large BOOM! sounded like an explosion! ran out the front to see my neighbord out too wondering what happened- a car crashed into a shed just across the road from my place, i'm one house down from a small intersection. we thought the car bailed- someone found a guy passed out round the back, he was smashed. The cops rocked up to check him out- the car was still in the backyard of the house! it flew through the whole shed, both sides and crashed into a tree in the backyard. The bloke only had a scratch on his chin, that was it! Very lucky.

4.jpg

back of the shed

3.jpg

the car in the backyard

1.jpg

front of the shed, note the street sign- bent the pole at a 90 degree angle too

he was VERY lucky he didnt hit the solid brick house- or that there wasnt anything inside of the shed at the time, like a car.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
lol no fenders??? what kinda car is that??? what a tool anwayz!

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
drunks its always drunks
hoons get stiffer penalties than drunks
drunks should get 5 yrs jail

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Clubsport R8 - Vespers Blue
drunks its always drunks
hoons get stiffer penalties than drunks
drunks should get 5 yrs jail

That wasn't the case today, my fiance and I went to court today (he did a burnout and got busted)... he got a rather large fine but no loss of license or anything... but everyone else that was there got busted for drink driving and got biiiiiig fines and suspensions etc

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
That wasn't the case today, my fiance and I went to court today (he did a burnout and got busted)... he got a rather large fine but no loss of license or anything... but everyone else that was there got busted for drink driving and got biiiiiig fines and suspensions etc

When I was attending a court session a few months back, a driver who got caught drink driving and had lost his licence, was in court coz he had been caught driving again, unlicensed and drunk. He left with a suspended sentence, and was on a $100 good behaviour bond for 12 months, and lost his licence for a further 12 months.

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
When I was attending a court session a few months back, a driver who got caught drink driving and had lost his licence, was in court coz he had been caught driving again, unlicensed and drunk. He left with a suspended sentence, and was on a $100 good behaviour bond for 12 months, and lost his licence for a further 12 months.

pfff sure... that'll work

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais

it's all relevant to how many times they've been caught doing it before. first and second timers barely get a slap on the wrist most of the time (small fine, suspended sentences,etc) - only after that do they start handing out the real rulings.
even still i don't think they're big enough in most cases - last time i was in court (for a pissy defective notice due to an air filter - pfft) and i sat in on a bunch of cases i saw this one guy who ran from the cops, exceeded the speed limit by over 50k's/hr in suburban streets and then blew a crazy alcohol blood level once he was caught (crashed into power pole).
he only had his licence suspended for 12months and fined like $1200 or so...which i thought was a joke.
people like that shouldn't be able to drive for 10+ years in my opinion untill they grow the **** up and realise having a licence to drive is a privilege.

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
only prob with losing ya licence for 10+ years is you lose all hope of ever gettin it back - who would wait that long - answer no one.......... then u get the same fella who will in that 10 years be caught driving go to court get stiffer fines big spiral etc....... in anycase hes gunna drive anyway - i would---

at least 12 months is a decent enuff amount of time to make it worth not driving and not be caught to be driving