Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid things in movies

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Speed 1: where the bus jumps the missing road section, I hate stupid things like that which could never happen - plently good examples in FFS.

Mission Impossible 2: On the bike chase scene, when they go from the road to the gravel it is obvious they change the tyres aswell for those paddle style tyres. and on a general note where a fuel tank on a car is shot and it blows up, that is utter bull, and its been proven on mythbusters by opening a couple hundred rounds into one :D

Holden2gether

The short,chunky fella
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Going back to the opening drag in F'n'F, I like how the Civic (least that's what I seem to remember it as? bloody memory's crap these days:D ) absolutely lunches itself on the NOS,sounds like it's got a whole tapdance troup in there.Yet when the cops turn up he manages to fire it up and get away from the area without a single protest from the previously f##ked engine.
A self healing engine!! where do I get me one:whistling

Noticed the quick tyre change in MI 2 as well! Actually,seem to remember the bikes being altered altogether from a road going jobby over to one of those motorcross/road bike ones but had been dressed up to resemble the road bikes.If you look,not only have the tyres changed,but the rear ride height has increased to motorcross proportions.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Going back to the opening drag in F'n'F, I like how the Civic (least that's what I seem to remember it as? bloody memory's crap these days:D ) absolutely lunches itself on the NOS,sounds like it's got a whole tapdance troup in there.Yet when the cops turn up he manages to fire it up and get away from the area without a single protest from the previously f##ked engine.
A self healing engine!! where do I get me one:whistling

That would have been the eclipse. I like it how his whole checkerplate floor falls out for no reason

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Something that annoys me in all these action films where one guy takes on a whole army, etc is that they are all terrible shots and yet he can shoot from any position without aiming and kill them

Also the gun fight scenes where handguns seemingly contain unlimited bullets

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
Transporter 2 - when he "knocks" the bomb of off the bottom of the car with the hook... that was very "yeah, ok, sure..." type moment... quite annoying after how everythign in the original was so classily done... :)

other than that still a tops movie! :D

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
as for the one man army complex, its a film paradox, much like in matix ammo is never an issue unless the script dictates it.

a classic screw up was the first matix, when neo goes to backflip off the subway train rails you can see him grab the wires

also how does running a three pronged electrode into the plastic grille of a cop car cause it to spark and fail? *shrugs*

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
they don't call them a bitsamisin for nothing now do they.......

was either the floor or the intake welds, what would you prefer ?

yeah but atleast he gets a decent car next time round. whats makes you think the intake welds have anything to do with the floor? I thought it was pretty funny that the engine was about to die and the floor suddenly falls out..

Holden2gether

The short,chunky fella
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
yeah but atleast he gets a decent car next time round. whats makes you think the intake welds have anything to do with the floor? I thought it was pretty funny that the engine was about to die and the floor suddenly falls out..

Typical ricer!:yeah: :w00t: