Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid things people do to their cars.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Reply with what you have seen people do to there cars (modifications etc) that are just stupid.

There is a guy that has just started an apprenticeship at the place where I work. He bought a KE70 Corolla from a Toyota dealer in immaculate original condition. He said that he paid $6000 for it (don't know whether to believe that or not).

Anyway, since he has bought it, he has turned it into a death trap.

Modifications he has done:
1. Chopped all 4 springs and the height is illegal.
2. Welded the diff.
3. Put one of those cannons on the exhaust.
4. Tinted the rear lights and its almost impossible to tell if they are working.

He drives like a ****head and has already damaged both rear quarter pannels, lost control around a corner and smacked the rear wheel into the gutter pushing the diff across and bending the control arms, car has been defected so he put it back to how it was originally, once he got the roadworthy he put everything illegal back on.

He keeps complaining about the front tyres how they wear out quickly and its hard to turn corners (I keep telling him its because he welded the diff but he doesn't believe me).

As soon as he chopped the springs I told him that he was going to end up with a defect and sure enough a week later it was off the road, cops pulled him over for a loud exhaust and way to low.

Now reply with what you have seen people do or what you have done thats stupid and illegal. I would rather pay money and get my cars perfect then drive a car like his.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
people putting virtually slicks on their car pisses me off, some of my mates buy sets of rims with tyres on them that are pretty much canvas and just act like itll be fine.

so unsafe

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
people putting virtually slicks on their car pisses me off, some of my mates buy sets of rims with tyres on them that are pretty much canvas and just act like itll be fine.

so unsafe

Oh yeah thats something I forgot to add, he always runs bald tyres on the back... and that was the other thing the cops got him for. He deserved it if you ask me haha.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
bald tyres are the worst thing, so dangerous.

i know tonnes of people will disagree with me but like 5% tint, if its dark and raining you pretty much have no fkn hope of seeing ANYTHING at all, so unsafe.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I agree with that. I got the darkest legal tint and wouldn't want it any darker, looks nice as it is.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Saw a guy in rosebud who has rebadged his Mitsubishi Magna with Ferrari and V8 badges.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
my family stickers

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Chev badges on holdens.