Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid/Unthought-out purchases - your worst?

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
QUOTE 4PLAYIN,
"My worst purchase would have closely been the VN Berlina.
Non stop trouble with it.
When i went to go see it i thought "ahh yeah 5 speed VN for 1000, good buy."
That wasnt the case.

Adam"

At least u didn't pay nearly 10.....

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
i regret getin foxtel, what a rip, same **** different day or often same **** 10 times a day.

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
i regret getin foxtel, what a rip, same **** different day or often same **** 10 times a day.

lol yeh they always play the same stuff or the next day but earlier

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Worse purchase I made was $600 for a dodgy Asian rip-off Shure SM58 wireless mic set-up, the sound quality was absolute crap

Having said that I've got a lot of crap lying around I've bought on Ebay just on impulse so if I add everything up I've probably spent thousands on junk..

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
an iPod...

A series one left hand taillight - when I own a series 2.... The guy who sold it to me sorta made me feel like I had to..

An XF Panelvan - It's hard enough keeping my Berlina on the road let alone getting it fixed.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
My worst purchase would have closely been the VN Berlina.
Non stop trouble with it.
When i went to go see it i thought "ahh yeah 5 speed VN for 1000, good buy."
That wasnt the case.

Adam

You must be just unlucky then, i bought my vn for 500 and it been the most reliable car you could ever want.

My worst purchases would have to be:
- sound sytem (hardly ever listen to it)
-Petrol RC 4x4 (used it a about 5 times) cost $400

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
The first two that come to mind are the pumps I use to run my highbanker sluices. The cheap Chinese 1 inch 2 stroke I bought first. Runs the sluices great, but what a piece of junk. Never stays in tune, & have had problems with it ever since I got it. Sometimes it will run great for 40 - 50 hours, & other times it just stops after 20 minutes or so of running & won't start again without a lot of fiddling with it. And I'm sick of it sounding like a Mosquito. Has turned me off 2 stroke pumps for ever.

Then I bought a cheap 2 inch 4 stroke pump to replace the above unreliable one. It's fantastic & never misses a beat, but I wish I'd waited a bit longer, saved the extra money & bought a 1-1/2 inch pump instead.
The 2 inch just pumps too much water for the sluices to handle on a short hose run, even at idle, so had to get a T connector to divert the excess water back into the creek. Also it's too damned heavy. Carrying a 24kg pump back to the car is no fun when you're tired after 3 or 4 hours of shovelling gravel into a sluice. Can't wait to get the 1-1/2 inch pump. it's only half this weight.

GLD-086

Reaction score
2LETHL number plates and a Cannon for my VL.:bang:

I don't know why I brought them.

Glad I woke up and got rid of therm both.

God I hate buying something, that I want and when I bring it home, I get sick of it 2 days later.

This happens alot with PS2 games.

Yeah that's one of my pet hates about Foxtel. (Well Austar for me)

That and all the channels they offer, some days there's nothing decent on.:ranting:

Also in the early days when it was galaxy, there were no ads, now there's ads on just about every channel. So we have to pay to watch ads too. ARGGGHHHHHHHHH

So I come here or another car forum.:D

Last edited:

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
The worst for me was a house.

Had a girlfriend at the time and we just went into an agent one day and signed a contract for a block of land and house.

We split up before it was even finished.

Finance was in her name because i was working casual at the time, so i just got my deposit back and packed my bags...
She sold the house 6 months later for a cool 40K profit.

Oh well... Live and Learn.