Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid/Unthought-out purchases - your worst?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
ive got 4K on a credit card and only ever buy things when i know i have the cash to pay them off. they are only dangerous when you dont use them wisely. i think the biggest purchase on my credit card now days is when i have to buy materials for work, and even then its 200 bucks tops. oh, and i always buy fuel on it.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Credit cards are OK if you pay it off in the interest free period. I have a visa debit card. Best of both worlds, no transaction fees and im using my own money.:yeah:

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Probably my worst thought out purchase was the second MK1 Golf GTI I had. I loved the one I owned one before but had to sell that, and when I saw the second one I had to have it so I sold a really good late model car to buy the Golf and a small car for my Girlfriend.

It turned out the Golf needed a lot more work than I anticipated and I spent loads on getting parts together to restore it then ran out of money and motivation so it sat there looking worse and worse until I sold it recently.

cracker

Reaction score
cricket helment from auction $10 i hate cricket, and my mate brougbt a safe for $15 couldnt get in to it. and cost $5 in grinder blades to cut it open and find half a doze screws lol