Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid/Unthought-out purchases - your worst?

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Hey guys.. I'm sure we've all done it before, bought something spontaneously that we didn't need or want, or pressured into buying something stupid or useless, and now regretting later on..

What are some of yours?

As usual me being the first poster and thread starter will get the ball rolling. We got a $200.00 powerboard for our home theatre, sure it's very good quality and comes with a warranty for all devices connected to it up to $250,000 (surge protector built in or something).. but what the hell, why did we get that?! I think our house has a surge protector built in, and I've never had a problem with anything electrical dieing from lightning or whatever

Last edited:

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
Went to Radio Rentals to get a cabinet for our 106cm plasma, ended up walking out with a $600 Pioneer home theater system. Its not something I regret buying but its not what I went there for!

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
My VX - its cool and all but I should have got a VS or something because they're cheaper but now I could never own a commodore older than my car.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
god where do I start so many to choose from... ok this week um more car audio gear, amps, speakers, new head unit spent a small fortune... seriously who the hell needs speakers in their bootlid? :confused:

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
the exhaust on my vl went from gonna be a cheap stock replacement with nice tip to a 750 bucks HKS setup with cannon lol kinda got carried away when the guy showed nme the shinny bits

4PLAYN

Reaction score
My worst purchase would have closely been the VN Berlina.
Non stop trouble with it.
When i went to go see it i thought "ahh yeah 5 speed VN for 1000, good buy."
That wasnt the case.

Adam

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
a 52 inch plasma... who needs a tv that big?? seriously!

Me! My TV looks small now. Its 42".Damn it now Im gonna have to make another stupid purchase! lol.