Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid Violent Shudders

fentos

Reaction score
yeah i dunno. Ill get someone who has an idea of whats goin on to have a look at it this week.

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
it sounds a bit like what my car does. carby VH of mine will "choke" itself at times out of corners etc if its not at full operating temp. take offs and all it sounds and feels like its gonna stall (and sometimes does) mine being a manual i can jut rev it up a lot and away i go. i usually just sit in my car till its warm though. is yours doing it when the cars warm or in the first 10 mins or so of driving>?

fentos

Reaction score
seems to be doing it regardless of if it is warm or not.

SiLeNt-SoN

2000 WH Statesman
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 model WH statesman
hey

yeah iv had similar problems when i 1st bought my car, the actual firing order of the pistons was wrong............. once that was fixed everything seemed ok... also now when im going along about 50kmph i boot it about 3/4 and it just feels like the car went into overdrive and takes off, but i like this, makes it tough on one level, but scared on another level, as im not sure this is normal.......

stevenvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice gen 3, 1975 HJ Statesman
It does sound like fluid is low and in need of a service. I had the shudder with mine in the VH changed uni joints and fixed the problem.