Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid Violent Shudders

fentos

Reaction score
Ok fellas, this problem is driving me insane!! I'm sick of it! Seriously! Problem is that I basically can't accelerate around corners....it sucks! I've got an auto 202 vk. Every time I go around a corner and put my foot down the whole car violently shutters. It's insane! And its not just sharp corners either, even when powering out of round abouts it does a weird rev thing as if its in neutral...and I'm sure I posted about this somewhere else but can't find it. :ranting: Oh well, i am sick of it and need to know what the hell is wrong with it! If I drive any longer with the car like this im likely to start going mental. It seems to be alright driving in a straight line and taking off etc...just not when going around corners...the whole car just...shakes. :cry:

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
The weird rev thing where it sounds like it's in neuteral, sounds like you could be low on transimssion fluid, but that shouldn't cause the whole thing to shudder violently.

fentos

Reaction score
Yeah I think that they could both be 2 seperate problems? I added transmission fluid - because I thought that's what was wrong...and didn't do anything. I think I put a bit too much in actually...so then took it all out (was lookin pretty dirty anyway) and put new fluid in...should be good now. (i think)

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Consider giving your gearbox a service yet? kit can be brought from autobarn for about 12 - 14 dollars + get yourself a gregs manual book and torque wrench + pit and you'll be set..

The fitler may be geting clogged up on fuild as it gears down, kit has a new filter,gaskets. "book has details on how to do the job"

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
The shudder sounds like tail shaft and diff.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
The shudder sounds like tail shaft and diff.

I also think that maybe another thing, or even your gearbox has shiat itself... :thumbsup:

Do u grease your joints?

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
My diff shudders a bit if I try to launch a burnout around a bend. Probably normal seeing that it's showing its age and being an LSD trying to distribute weight on both wheels.

fentos

Reaction score
yeah im thinkin it might be the diff?? Might get one of these gearbox service kit things tho....and see what that does first....probably needs it anyway. Also, when driving it seems to do a push thing...like its going and stopping...? cant really explain it....like its got power and then doesnt in second intervals...when i take my foot off the accelerator it stops doing it...any ideas?

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
A minor service on your transmission won't fix this, but should be done every 40K kilometres anyway.

The starting and stopping is a throttle problem. You would probably need to service your carburettor or it could be a clogged fuel filter.

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
Where exactly does it feel like the shudder's coming from? The fact that it only occurs around corners narrows it down to only two possible things - diff and steering rack.

Get them both sussed out!