Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stupid vn rule

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Talking about harleys I like the V-ROD but I wouldn't own one, that's the only one I like and I really like the sound of a rotary at 10,000 rpm :)

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
Yeah... on my VN the redline is basically where i can kiss goodbye the engine...
On my mates S2 13B rotary, the redline is just a reminder that youre going really fast....

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
i have read this on the ask the copper threads and they reckon that noise rules for cars apply to bikes as well, so 92db for cars its 92db for bikes as well.
most coppers just dont pull them over.

Man dont you read :p Its 90db not 92 and motorbikes arent covered by ADR 28... They have their own seperate rules.

The exhaust systems on vehicles manufactured on or after 1st January, 1974 must at the time of first registration comply with ADR 28 - Motor Vehicle Noise.
In service all vehicles must comply with the Road Traffic (Vehicle Standards) Rules 1999 Part 10 Division 3 – Noise Emissions.
For passenger cars, derivates and panel vans manufactured on or after 1 January 1983 the stationary noise level when tested must not exceed 90 dB(A).