Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupidest television advertisement

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I have just finished watching a movie which, as usual with Channel 9, was ruined by bloody incessant and repeated commercials.

ONe of them wins my award as the stupidest ad I think I have ever seen. It's a McCain's ad, where a young married couple cook up a bowl of peas and the wife talks to them like its a baby, and the husband then cuddles a bag of frozen vegetables and blows a raspberry into it, just like you do with babies.

I know these people get paid for doing these ads, and I reckon this one will come back to haunt them sometime during their careers, but for crying out loud - this ad defies description, it is so stupid. Obviously ads vary from state to state, but does anybody have a pet hate ad that really annoys them (or amuses them pehaps)?

TrEnNaVY

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6
the wipe off 5 ad.
if the girl opened her eyes b4 crossing the road she would have seen the car coming and all would be fine and dandy

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
lol, yeah that ad sucks bad.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
lol, this just proves that it was an extremely effective ad. now what's the first brand that comes to your head when you think about frozen vegetables?

the marketers job is to get you to remember the brand, not necessarily to make an ad you enjoy :p

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
the wipe off 5 ad.
if the girl opened her eyes b4 crossing the road she would have seen the car coming and all would be fine and dandy

+1 for the most stupid ad she doesnt even look when she steps out onto the road. Even children are tought to look before crossing the road she deserved to get hit.

Also why doesnt the dumbass ford driver swerve to avoid her instead of ploughing right into her how about he need to do a defensive driving coarse and learn how to act correctly in those situations.
I'd know i'd rather crash a car then hit a pedestrian

EDIT also the motorbike ad is stupid if anyones seen it you'll notice the motorbike rider isnt there in the first shot when he looks no wonder why he cleened him up how you supposed to avoid something that isnt even there???

TrEnNaVY

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6
finnaly some1 who agrees, another thing is maybe if he was going 10k's quickier the bitch would still be on the footpath when he went past hahaha

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
finnaly some1 who agrees, another thing is maybe if he was going 10k's quickier the bitch would still be on the footpath when he went past hahaha
haha i've seen that and agree! I just hate that new cgi add where the old lady is dancing around her shop rapping :bang::bang: so wrong

and that also shits me how in those speeding adds...NO one seems to swerve!! there was one with a car going down a strip and a truck goes past infornt...one part the car is going 5k's slower just stops before hitting the ass end (mind you truck also seems to stop in the middle of the road????why i have no idea??)
next scene is the car going 5k's faster...doesn't even bother swerving for the monsterous truck right in fornt of his eyes and slams into the side of the truck at the ass end...

other than that i try to avoid the telly like the plague, only really watch it on footy night :p

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
Those rivers commercials.

They have the most irritating voice overs. They talk bad about their own product that theyre trying to selll.. theres nothing visually appealing about the ads. They just suck in every single possible way