Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stuttering, flatspot and backfiring on takeoff

Dannal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
try getting your Air Flow metre checked as when its disconected it has the same simptons. If you need a new one try this link Cyberspace Auto Parts - EFI and Engine Management Automotive Components

Thanks Fixa_VS - this was also suggested to me by a competent mechanic so your advice seems good. However, I had that mechanic friend have a good look at the problem and he determined that it was a dodgy connector on the coil pack. The lead seemed to connect on the terminal properly but it wasn't staying there. A quick mess around with the pliers and I am of like a P-Plater with a full tank of fuel! ;-)

Thanks for your help everyone.

Cheers!

Dannal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
My victory was short lived as the problem started again the next time I went to use the car. I ended up replacing the coil pack and DFI module with one from the wreckers and I have been driving around with it working 100% ever since. I am sick of incompetent mechanics who charge a fortune and end up guessing.

Thanks for your input people ;-)