Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sub/Amp Wiring

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Makes sense, thank you for that. Just got to try and track down some pin removal tools which will be fun in New Zealand, might have to order them in. Looking forward to having my active sub back - appreciate your help

you dont need tools for it, a paperclip, pin, tiny screwdriver will do it
there is a white insert on the front of the plug, you pull that out and if you look in the end you will see the little catch holding each pin in, you just use a paperclip or a tiny screw driver etc to lift the catch and slide the pin out the back.

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
you dont need tools for it, a paperclip, pin, tiny screwdriver will do it
there is a white insert on the front of the plug, you pull that out and if you look in the end you will see the little catch holding each pin in, you just use a paperclip or a tiny screw driver etc to lift the catch and slide the pin out the back.
Damn you're awesome cheers bud

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Damn you're awesome cheers bud

just make sure you take a pic of the wires before you depin anything so you know the order of the colors/wires and i would depin the left rear speaker then connect the radio and turn on music and put my ear to the left rear speaker and make sure it is not working then do the same for the right just to make sure the wires you are playing with are correct before soldering anything.