Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sub and amp help

thunder9

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve thunder ute
did u install onto the holden iq system. ive installed subs and amp before but im abit scared of the iq system cause its not just a case of hooking up to the rcas like a normal headunit

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
did u install onto the holden iq system. ive installed subs and amp before but im abit scared of the iq system cause its not just a case of hooking up to the rcas like a normal headunit

nah its a case of hooking up speaker wires into the RCA converter :)

thunder9

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve thunder ute
so i just hard wire a rca converter to the 2 spare wires and run it off that???

thunder9

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve thunder ute
sweet i might sus it out tomorrow. where would i pick a good converter from. wat kinda subs u running. im a bit confused on wat to go with now.

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Autobarn.
Local car audio store should stock them.
I think supercheap auto have a small selection.

Other than that, eBay have quiet a few, Just have to wait for it too arrive.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
sweet i might sus it out tomorrow. where would i pick a good converter from. wat kinda subs u running. im a bit confused on wat to go with now.

me? just one 18".. +1 to installing it yourself, you save alot of $$ and as long as you know how to wire it and what goes where in terms of wire/cable, you just post on here if you need any advice with anything and i'm sure you will get heaps.

as for what to go with, it depends on your budget and what you what you want to get out of it.

go to the shops and have a look at what they have, you would probably have to go with a slimline type sub depending on the amount of space there is in a VE Ute, i've never been in one so i wouldn't know. My personal reference: JL Audio 13.5" TW5 - a bit pricey but totally worth it. If i was going for something cheap but still sound good then i would go for a Kicker CVT 12" but i would buy all my gear on eBay because its so much easier for me and the prices just don't compare to what they have here locally.

i've used a cheap 5 dollar LOC from eBay, didn't really have problems with it, I would just go for a decent priced one either from eBay or local store like vx_commodore mentioned.

just my 2cents worth, i hope it helped :)

Last edited:

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
so i just hard wire a rca converter to the 2 spare wires and run it off that???

OP - with your install maybe just take a step back & think about it for a bit, don't worry about what other people are running. Get a pad & write down what you want to achieve from your set up then sketch out some rough ideas of the end result in your mind's eye - don't rush into it. Then research your gear because if you're willing to fork out 700 for this install then DIY will allow you to purchase some good quality components. As for a LOC/LLC it converts high level (high power) speaker signals back down to low level (RCA) so try this link mate Speaker (High Level) to Line Level Converter - Jaycar Electronics & for a top quality, high powered mono block with no frills, this is good :- Response Precision 1000WRMS Linkable Class D Subwoofer Amplifier - Jaycar Electronics will allow you to run just about any sub configuration you want.

thunder9

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve thunder ute
hi all i just went a bought a 12'' pioneer slim sub. i havnt bought a amp yet im trying to find one that has a remote bass control to sit up on my dash so i can turn up or down depending on songs and if i just want a break from it lol. i got the sub for 249 at my local autobarn. i have ordered a custom box from bayside auto styling in melbourne to suit my ve. i would like to keep a pioneer amp but they only have the bass remote on the 1200w version which will be useless for the sub. i know every one thunks fusion suck but wat are the opionions on there mono amps. i want something that looks good so i can mount it up inbetween my seats on the back wall as a kinda feature.