Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sub and amp

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
Just bought a 12'' kenwood in box and 600watt amp. i currently have pioneer 6x9's in the back shelf powered by a 50x4w pioneer amp. Could someone please write a small diy for installing my sub and amp...?any help is appreciated...

phree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
You may be better off asking specific questions.

What are the models of the sub and amp?

How big is the power wire that goes to the existing amp? Is the new amp going to be mounted near the existing one?

What headunit are you using? Does it have sub out rca connectors?

You may want to consider high passing the 6x9s, so they don't interfere with the sub i.e. they don't try to play the same frequencies. Better yet remove them, they are superflous with a sub.

What speakers do you have in the front of the car? This is the most important part of your sound system.

Anyway, first step is to mount the amp. Then run the power wire, from were will depend on the existing setup. Maybe you will need to run heavier wire to a distribution block them smaller ones to each amp. Or a second run from the battery. Make sure the fusing is correct for each run. We can advise on wire size and fuses when we know exactly what gear you have.

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
Alright i got the part no.'s for the deck and the amp but can't find the part no. of my sub its basically the new kenwood ones in the box with blue kenwood stripe down the side.. The deck is a pioneer DEH-P334OMP and the amp is an Audio Master part no. AM-4560. I have the connection/ lead kit to install, not sure about rca connectors on the deck though. So i basically run the red wire from the battery to the fuse. thats basically what i have achieved so far... i have ripped all my back seat out and my deck is out of its holder... is there a simple install on this forum?

phree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
Every install is different. The inline fuse should be as close to the battery as possible. This is a good site for install info: http://www.bcae1.com/
If you have specific questions, then we can normally help.

That hu doesn't seem to exist, google couldn't find it anyway. Couldn't find any useful info on the amp either.

If you don't have rca outputs on the hu then you will need an amp with speaker level inputs or a converter (LOC) to reduce the speaker level output to line level (rca) for the amp.