Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sub and shift

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
hey everyone. bought a vu manual today and when i was driving it i kept looking down at the tacho not noticing how hard it was going and $HITE i was revving her lol. just wandering how hard it is to get a shiftlight installed for when i go cogging up the goldcoast. also anyone got any experience with fitting some sub doofers in them? im a cabinet maker so making a box wont he hard lol just worried about the space fitting a full 12 in there (not the shallow ones)

cheers mitch

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
get a new zorst and then youll hear it better and not need to worry about the shift light :)

otherwise if you need a light to make you shift, then maybe trade it for an auto

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
get a new zorst and then youll hear it better and not need to worry about the shift light :)

otherwise if you need a light to make you shift, then maybe trade it for an auto

So well said...but look at how many d1ckheads run shift lights in auto's :) (in 15 second cars to boot)

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE

lol i have an exhaust and also i have problems concentrating on those types of things for some reasaon.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
If you NEED a tacho or shift light to drive a manual in normal road conditions, you should be driving an auto..

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
just stick it in 4th gear and dont bother changin gears at all..

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
should have no troubles with fitting a good sized box in the vu.
just make sure you make it to the right volume for the speakers you want to put in there - bigger is not necessarily better. check the specs on the subs you want to put in - they will give you a volume capacity rating for the size of box they will sound best in.

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
as i said its not everyday driving i want it for its for when i go cogging up the coast and when im giving the car a handfull. i have like a.d.d so its a bit dificult to concentrate.