Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sub enclosures

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
you want as much space as possible? Thats easy....throw away the subs.

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
anyone please?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
yeah mate if its space you want - ditch the subs. if its sound you want - forget space.

just make a couple of good cubes which will hold at least one cubic foot of air each. make them out of 20 odd mm thick mdf, glue and screw then seal the inside with some plyable selleys.
cut a good hole to screw and glue the sub in then wire them up and bobs your uncle (or father in my case) instant sub boxes.

1trkmnd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN s s2 and MY12 sv6 ute
Go to www.csa.com.au they have a sub enclosure design program you can download. It has a calculator to work out port sizes and box sizes, also shows you how to build bandpass enclosures, but they are very tricky to get right. Hope this helps.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
use mdf.. follow guidelines for your speciffic sub size for things like box dimention and port size etc.. you can't realy go wrong unless it's totally dodgy.. lots of mdf and liquid nails.. cover the suka with carpet from bunnings and whalla.. a sub box for less than 100 bucks depending on hos cheap you get materials for... I made my own sub box for 2 12"ers.. modified it a couple of times..

669926_10_full.jpg

Was way heavy at that stange..

Changed to:

669926_50_full.jpg

Cody

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator / HQ 5.0L Tonner
i got told the rule of thumb for SEALED boxes is 1sqfoot per sub (12's)
most decent subs (fosgate/alpine/etc.) come with reccomended volumes

V

vsDBcar

vlv8vic said:
nothing! they dont exist. on the other hand there is a difference between ported and sealed sub enclosures. your home stez with usually be ported (has a hole where air and vibrations pound through. sealed is more likely to be in your car. a box with no holes!
do u even have a clue guess not case ur runnig xplode why bother if you have the power go ported cause the difference is about 3to 5 db

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
vsDBcar said:
do u even have a clue guess not case ur runnig xplode

Welcome to the forums. A little advice, don't get off on the wrong foot. Sony Xplod serves a purpose and it serves it well. It may not be your choice in brands, nor is it mine. But, if it works for him, then great.