Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sub not running

VY.abercrombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S soon to be SS
ok, ive got fairly limmited knowlage about this stuff so go easy and feel free to correct me if ive made a mistake.:yeah:

so ive just bought and had installed a pioneer h/u (avh-p4050dvd) alpine type R 6" in the front doors, stock speakers in the back doors, a 4 channel 600w pioneer amp and a 800w mono block.

the h/u only ive got apparently only has front and rear outputs. so ive got the 2 front speakers running off the 4 channel amp, the 2 back speakers running off the h/u and the sub running off the 800w mono block.

but the sub just wont go, ive checked all the wiring and the amp does turn on but the sub wont run.

the manual says the rear out put can be used for a sub so thats not the problem.

ive got no idea what needs to be done, can any one shed some light on this problem ? or does anyone else have this h/u or similar runing a sub?

cheer,joel

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Ok so you got the Pioneer amp (guessing its a GM-6300F) bridged into 2-channel to run the Type Rs, right? Good choice, feed those speakers power! And you are using the rear pre-outs to run the sub, right? Have you tried using the front pre-out to test the mono and sub? Give that a whirl. If the amp is powering up then its probably not an electrical issue to the mono, using the word probably there. Also are you 100% sure the sub works? Have you tried running it off the 4-channel, using channels 1 & 2 bridged, since you know that amp is working fine?

My few suggestions, others will have more.

-Adrian

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
You say you had this gear installed?

By who, and was the sub working when it was first installed?

VY.abercrombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S soon to be SS
Ok so you got the Pioneer amp (guessing its a GM-6300F) bridged into 2-channel to run the Type Rs, right? Good choice, feed those speakers power! And you are using the rear pre-outs to run the sub, right? Have you tried using the front pre-out to test the mono and sub? Give that a whirl. If the amp is powering up then its probably not an electrical issue to the mono, using the word probably there. Also are you 100% sure the sub works? Have you tried running it off the 4-channel, using channels 1 & 2 bridged, since you know that amp is working fine?

My few suggestions, others will have more.

-Adrian

yea mate its a GM-6300F, but i havent bridged the channels yet but im goin to and yep using the rear pre-outs to run the sub. well the sub was in my old car and was working fine so im fairly sure its working. i havent played around with different thing yet as i thought i would see what you guys on here thought first but ill try and run the sub off the 4 chanel amp bridging 1 and 2 tomoro.

cheers for the help mate.

VY.abercrombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S soon to be SS
You say you had this gear installed?

By who, and was the sub working when it was first installed?

yep all the gear was installed by a local guy, but even he couldnt wok out why this wasnt working and yep im firly sure the sub is working. ill test it on a diferent amp soon.

thanks for the help.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Just make sure the subs' internal wiring (from the subwoofer itself to the inside of the terminal board) is connected fine.

Also try plugging in the RCAs from the sub amp into the speaker amp, if you get atleast low frequencies out of your speakers then the RCAs/head-unit are working fine.

vtclubby195i

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt clubsport 5L 195i
i remember this hapend 2 me in my vs,i thort i had it all hooked up properly but missed 1 wire the blue 1 that sed remote runs from head unit 2 the amp,after that it was pumping