Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sub not working. but amp shows power.

gazatron

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy one tonner v8
hi i have got a ute with 2 FUSION CP-AS1080 8 INCH 600W SLIM ACTIVE SUBWOOFER INBUILT AMP AMPLIFER. and the one that the headunit is plugged into shows its got power with the green light, but just stopped playing and the second one is running from this one and still works, its doing my head in, as they r under both seats and it was working then just stopped mid song. and the fuses on it r still good. Any help would be apprieated. thanks

viper76

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-Z Redline
If all cables hooked up and can send sound to the other one then you've blown the output side of the amp.

gazatron

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy one tonner v8
what do u mean output side when it still sends an output signal to the other sub.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
You have an input side and an output side... Input side (Often called Pre-Amp) deals with the incoming signal at low power, on some amps it can send that signal off to another amp (like in your instance) once it's done processing the sound, it sends the signal to the output stage, this is where the actual amplification gets done. You have potentially blow that side of things or cooked the sub itself.

gazatron

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy one tonner v8
ok so pretty much throw away now. or who could I take to see if I could get it fixed. im on gold coast. cheers

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Not worth repair to be honest mate. If the sub is easily removed, you could try pulling it out and see if it's the amp or sub that is the problem and potentially drop another one back in.

cheekycowboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 sv8 vy 2005 vz sv6 crewman
i had 2 of them in my crewman, one stopped workin after 6 months the other still fine, took it out, threw it in the bin, problem solved :) not worth waistin money on, build a nice box to host a 12 in behind one of the seats problem solved.
dont worry if ya box is small and under the specs of the sub, it wont work to its full potential yada yada yada , but it will still kick arse nicely in a ute cab.
my 12 in the shitty of shitiest boxes under the seat of my crewman kicked arse over the 2 8's

gazatron

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy one tonner v8
Thanks guys for the news I will look into it. Is ur sub in the crewman a slim line or normal

cheekycowboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 sv8 vy 2005 vz sv6 crewman
it was just a fusion 12, it had the shallowest depth of all the ons at the store i went to.
im runnin clarions now an they were pretty slim an didnt need alot of box volume. nice tight sound on em an cheap to

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Half a cube from memory on the clarion's.