Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sub placement in VS commodore ute

S

stepohen164

Just wondering where the best place is to put a 10" or 12" sub in a VS ute as there is limited room.. Also where is the best place to put the amp..
If anyone has any pics that would be helpful..

355boost

okay here we go. remove your ute lining and bottom floor pan in the top left hand corner there is a cavity normally used for water drainage! so in that cavity there is like a blocked sort of tube cut it about 4" big and build a custom sub box with a port that goes straight into this hole you just cut use a 10" pioneer 800w watt wooffer with a 2 channel d class amp and you will get big rumble and you will be suprised as to how loud it is inside but unless you put the windows down it can only faintly be heard outside the car. I use to do this for heaps of my customers! let me know how you go

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG UTE
I have a VG ute, with a bucket bench seat (bucket seat driver bench seat passanger) I have a set of buckets coming but got bored on the weekend. The little seat in the middle i took all the foam out and mounted a 12 inch sub into the seat :yeah:
When i get my bucket seats its coming out and i will be able to mount a 12 inch in between them at about elbow height, it will come out level with the seats. A VERY snug fit, but it does fit.

H

holdon v8

sub probs!

dudes i had the vs now i got the vy! in the vs i chucked them next to the fuel tank by getting a peice of mdf laying it flat up to the rear divider then faced the subs (12 inch) down and took the air vents behind the seats off.
also cut out tight holes for the water drainer and get out rubber grommets for holes plus put a bit of sound deadener in! ph phat bass. :yeah:

chunderlicious

tight ass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE clubby A6
i bought a JL audio 6.5? bass tube and placed it gently behind the passenger seat then put the seat back as far as it would go (one click from as far back as possible) and it stays there perfect with no movement. if i turn the amp power up on the stereo the bass can over run my 6.5 pioneer pro series coaxials. the only problem with my setup is that the subwith tube (bought as a package and i dont think it can be bought seperately) all in al it cost $320 which is alot of money. but it is worth it

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
A sub can fit behind the seat as well as between the seats in a pre fab box.

E

EZRA

ute sub

i went 2 auto barn n the wanker in there put me on 2 these german brand subs dyna audio i think its a 9 or 10 n its only 5omm deep so i made a 60mm deep box n put it behind the seat n it goes sik vibrates my girlfriends arse n wateva lol i also made a box that runs the whole way along the bak shelf wif 2 6x9s n a neat lil compartment n neon in the middle goes hard enuff 4 me like 125 db through a 4chanel clarion 400w amp

Cody

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator / HQ 5.0L Tonner
dyn audio make very high quality splits
my friend has a hilux, he has 2 6inch bazooka tubes behind each seat, and they go pretty hard with an alpine amp