Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sub set up with lpg tank

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Having the sub and box in the floor of the boot firing straight up will yield the best gains for cars where the cabin is separated from the boot. (such as: by a gas tank) :) just FYI.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
timmos did u take the spare wheel out to fit the amps in? if u have u can get done for un road worthy for no spare tire...
As far as I know, you don't NEED a spare, but if you have one it has to be roadworthy.

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
No a car without a spare is still roadworthy .... a car with a spare tire needs to have a roadworthy spare or else its unroadworthly

Trent1291

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S Pack
all cleared up then... that takes a load off my shoulders... coz my spare is not in my car... i took it out for some unknown reason and forgot to put it back in... not id have to unwire everything and take it all out just to put it back in..

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
timmos did u take the spare wheel out to fit the amps in? if u have u can get done for un road worthy for no spare tire...

Nope.... The amps are mounted to the board that sits above the spare tire and a peice of MDF sits on top of the amp. As i said, its all held together with 2 screws. Now with my jack set i also carry a screw driver :thumbsup:

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
Thats Fuc$in awesome looks good where did you get that done how much did it cost.

StoneX those corner sub enclosures are very expensive.

The boxes were expensive because they're moulded fibreglass. Other than that.. it's 2 peices of MDF and carpet.. very cheap and easy.

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
I wonder if you can get plastic ones?

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
why does everything I want to do is always illegal? someones mention you have to have the gas tank lil box thing exposed :whistling nobody told me anything. Now I gotta cut my board out lol. Guess maybe I can stop the thing from rattling :thumbsup: I've got a huge box in my boot ... leaving no boot space... Ill get a picture when I get some time it's like a 2.75" box from memory.

I actually wanted to leave my back seats out so I get more flow of the subby but got told tats illegal :p I wanted to have the sub in the centre of the back seats (vs s2 calais), cudnt have that either.

T-MaKK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY Executive
why cant you have the sub in the center back seat?

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC