Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sub Woofer for Ute

CRUORGORE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Commodore SV6
Hi all I apologise in advance if this is posted in the wrong thread, but I’m basically just looking for some advice and opinions on a good sub for my new ute.

I listen to a lot of metal and bass heavy music and was looking at getting a subwoofer but am getting mixed reviews on certain brands. The cabin in the ute is fairly compact (being a 2 seater) and I was looking at the Kicker Hideaway Active Sub 11HS8 8 inch. What is everyone’s opinion on it or do you have any suggestions for a better brand / other options? Is that particular sub good on factory speakers or is an amp or upgraded speakers the best way to go? Thanks in advance! Sorry if I left out any key information I’m not very tech/ car savvy.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Don't know if this helps!!! =hopefully gives some food for thought!.
My ute's a 96 VS Maloo .
I've got a pioneer head unit = which I already had when I thought go the next step.
So Ground zero splits , 6" in the doors in the standard position and twitters where the external mirror manual adjusters would be.
Have a Rockford Fosqate Prime amp mounted under the passengers seat.
The subwoofer is a Rockford Fosqate Punch P2 10" ,( recommended to me for what I like/listen to),mounted in a custom made sub box = mounted in the space under the tray beside the fuel tank and piped into the cabin through a removeable (bolted on ) panel behind the passengers seat.
The sound is soo crisp and not distorted but with that big bass.
I might add sounds like similar music tastes= love my AC/DC , Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Disturbed, Def Leppard, Parkway Drive, etc
Hope this helps.