Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Subframe bolt spacing to subframe

Dan0382

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Hi - I'm trying to find out what the mounting bolt spacing for the subframe is on the various generations of Commodores - VB-VK, VL, VN-VS.

I'm looking to install a Commodore subframe and front suspension to a car with subframe centres on a 760mm spacing. I'm aware the Nissan R31 subframe fits, but if a Commodore one is close I'd prefer to use that.

For information - the project car is a MkII Zephyr (ssshhh it's a Ford).

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Not sure about the spacing but Vb to Vs are identical....Might narrow the search

H

harrop.senator

I'd be going 31 , fit some S14/s15 hubs and brakes. 31 control arms and N13? Inner tie rod ends if the factory track works.

Can get mounts to fit most motors , LS , Barra , V6 etc.

That way you have good 4 pot brakes , boxable sheet metal control arms with an easier to adapt castor rod ,the stud pattern matches the factory zodiac rear / easy 9" install .

Don't have a subframe from a commodore here to measure for you sorry man.

Dan0382

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
I'd be going 31 , fit some S14/s15 hubs and brakes. 31 control arms and N13? Inner tie rod ends if the factory track works.

Can get mounts to fit most motors , LS , Barra , V6 etc.

That way you have good 4 pot brakes , boxable sheet metal control arms with an easier to adapt castor rod ,the stud pattern matches the factory zodiac rear / easy 9" install .

Don't have a subframe from a commodore here to measure for you sorry man.

Thanks for the advice - that all sounds very good. Appreciate the help.