Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

subs/amps + stock speakers

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
hey guys, running the vt executive, i've got a pioneer 5850, and i'm considering getting my brothers subs and amps installed at rego time (3 weeks), but i wanna get them done soon but i dont have enough money for new speakers yet.

my question is will 2 rockford fosgate 12" 400rms subs (in con-joined sub box), rockford fosgate mono block and fusion 4 channel amp work OK with my vt stock speakers? it'd only be for a few weeks.

someone said to me it'd be fine, yes... or no? and that the vt speakers were pretty good anyway so theyd be ok.

thanks guys.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
id just wire ur subs up n leave the speakers off the H/U n just turn the bass down to min so they dont distort too early.....
That amp will run the speakers but i wouldnt turn the gain up too much....
If u give us sum more info on the fusion amp we will be able to give u a better answer

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Yeah just install what you have now, so wire up the subs and just install the 4ch amp ready for the new speakers just dont hook it up

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ummm the amp, im not too sure, i think it's 100rms per channel, i wont be using it like "UNCHA UNCHA"type sound lol not until i do get the new speakers!

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
If you going to wire up the stock speakers you have to pull the door trims off's to wire them up, so its a massive hassle havin to do it again when get the new speakers... so personally i wouldnt bother, just run them off the H/U for now.

100wrms is prob running it a 2ohms, in your case most aftermarket speakers are 4ohm, so they will only draw 50wrms approx

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
hahahahahahahhaha yeah if you hook up the new amp to the stock speakers then it will not be "uncha uncha" it will be "whats that smell of burning voice coil!"
the aftermarket h/u is perfectly matched to the stock speakers (~15Wrms) so its all good.
still the subs will over power the speakers, all bass, no mid or trebal.
yes i know i spelt that wrong.:w00t:

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol alright, head unit to the speakers!

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
no, use the amp, more fun!
i have been meaning to dig out my 4 stock speakers and put a bit over 800Wrms through them, bloody too much work, not enough play!