Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

!!!!!subwoofer Problems!!!!!

C

Crazy Horse

I have just got a subwoffer for my VR Calais and every time i turn it on loud the whole car shakes . Is there any way to stop my car from shaking. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

Crazy Horse

one way to stop your number plate from rattleing is to stick foam behind it

Dexn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina S2
Crazy Horse said:
one way to stop your number plate from rattleing is to stick foam behind it

I second that, the back number plate makes a hell of a racket. I used some double sided foam tape from Bunnings, worked a treat :)

Other than that, I think you just have to start trying to find the rattles and padding/deadening them one by one.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
turn the gains down??...ha ha...if car mods only took overnight to do, they wouldnt be that much fun now, would they? take your time and eliminate them one by one, you'd be surprised how quick you quieten her down....

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
if u dont want it to shake dont put the sub on so loud if u put it full blast of course somthing is going to rattle just go around 1 by 1 and fix each bit that is rattleling only way or tighten all the lose bolts u may have

V

vr_matty_d

sound deadener your boot and it also might be the boot shaking on the frame underneath it

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
the boot sits on a frame? i actually found one of the noisiest parts of the boot the other day, i heard this 'flapping' sound when the bass was doing its thing and i found it its the flap vent down in the side of the boot.....little plastic vents to prevent pressurisation of the car when you shut your doors

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
like behind the spare tire? i always thought those vents were mearly to allow the boot to air itself out lol, well a dogy way to stop the flaps is to gaffa / duct tape em but yeah the only real way to kill the rattles an to pin point them and foam or dampen them with something.