Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Subwoofer to suit current amp

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
That sub is even less efficient than the Pioneer. You confuse me :p

The sub is a DVC unit. Had a listen to it next to the current model pioneer of the same specs and the sound difference was hugely noticeable.

And my pioneer is getting old too, dont think its playing at its best anymore

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
if you don't want the pioneer sub any more send it down to QLD il try to do it some good by putting 4000rms to it through a SPL box. But if you think the sub sounds loud enough for you then get it. cause your not trying to please your mum with this set up your trying to please your self.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
The sub is a DVC unit. Had a listen to it next to the current model pioneer of the same specs and the sound difference was hugely noticeable.

And my pioneer is getting old too, dont think its playing at its best anymore
DVC has no relation to how it sounds. It just allows different wiring options.

Were the subs in the same type and volume boxes and had the same power? If so, a sub with a 89dB efficiency rating (Pioneer) should be clearly louder than one with an 83dB efficiency rating (Soundstream). Plus you still only have 260W...

Hopefully you're happy with it when you get it, but you've taken none of the advice given and just listened to a salesman :bang:

scr33ch08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dark Blue VS Stato
all i got to say is that SOUNDSTREAM make a Really good Quality amps and Highly underrates their amps but if ya got the Soundstream Lil Wonder III what searies u got the D or the A/B ??

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
DVC has no relation to how it sounds. It just allows different wiring options.

Were the subs in the same type and volume boxes and had the same power? If so, a sub with a 89dB efficiency rating (Pioneer) should be clearly louder than one with an 83dB efficiency rating (Soundstream). Plus you still only have 260W...

Hopefully you're happy with it when you get it, but you've taken none of the advice given and just listened to a salesman :bang:

As i understand it, efficiency rating does not allways equal louder.

I heard the soundstream in the same sized sealed box as the pioneer, and they were both running off the same amp as i have in my car.

I didnt listen to the salesman, i listened to the sub.

May have a more of a look around at JB Hifi and the likes though

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
all i got to say is that SOUNDSTREAM make a Really good Quality amps and Highly underrates their amps but if ya got the Soundstream Lil Wonder III what searies u got the D or the A/B ??

How do i tell? All i know is that its the Lil Wonder III LW2.260

scr33ch08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dark Blue VS Stato
is it a 2channal amp ??

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
As i understand it, efficiency rating does not allways equal louder.

I heard the soundstream in the same sized sealed box as the pioneer, and they were both running off the same amp as i have in my car.

I didnt listen to the salesman, i listened to the sub.

May have a more of a look around at JB Hifi and the likes though
If the efficiency was measured with the same method, then it will indicate the loudness running from the same power.