Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sudden Engine Stall

commodorev6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais V6
I recently installed a brand new crank angle sensor in a V6 Ecotec engine. I find at times occasionally when stationary the car feels like it wants to stall. I am unsure if this is only a result of the engine being cold or there is a need to install a new coil pack? It never actually stalls properly though, just sort of chokes. The transmission is automatic.

Koza13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
maybe just adjust the throttle cable a bit to give it higher revs when idling. It happened to one of my friends once, his car kept stalling one day and he was wondering why and his brother just adjusted the throttle a bit and it fixed it right up

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i would guess you need to clean the IAC sounds like its gummed up and not adjusting when the throttle is closed.

Check for error codes to see if anything else has been logged.

Piston Slap

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR v6 Ute
any error codes? i recently had a similar problem. try resetting your computer (take battery off for a minute). check your engine earth, it may be corroded like mine and have a poor connection. failing that.... your iac valve could be dirty or need replacement (clean tb while your there).

commodorev6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais V6
No error codes at all. Had the crank angle sensor replaced which was the only error code turning up. Will try cleaning the IAC and throttle body. Thanks for the advice everyone.