Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sudden Loss of Power Steering WHEN DRIVING

Nathan Walpole

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF EVOKE 2013
Sure will! It won’t be done until Monday/Tuesday next week! So keep your eyes peeled for my next update :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
UPDATE! Holden has agreed to foot the bill for a new steering rack!
and hopefully give you a loan car while yours is being repaired, I hear they have lots of opeldoores available :p

Nathan Walpole

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF EVOKE 2013
Hahah! They didn’t give me a loan car! I might ring again tomorrow and ask! But for now I have one of my parents cars :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
UPDATE! Holden has agreed to foot the bill for a new steering rack!
Good news. Thanks for the update.

If you could post any relevant paper work after the job is completed (obviously with your personal details omitted) it would be much appreciated, especially if it lists a description of the fault(s) and part numbers of new part(s) fitted.
Further to immortality’s request, please please try and get pictures of the new rack connector pins so we can once and for all verify if gold plated pins are included in the Australian solution :cool:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahah! They didn’t give me a loan car! I might ring again tomorrow and ask! But for now I have one of my parents cars :)
Probably better as the dealer supplied cars could have a big insurance excess if you have a crash. Then again, your insurance may cover a crash in loaner car while yours is getting some TLC.

Disclaimer... I hate insurance companies so i’d probably go the private route if possible...

Nathan Walpole

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF EVOKE 2013
I think it may have had something to do with my age? I’m not 100% sure! Lucky my parents were nice enough to loan me one of theirs or else Uber would have been my best friend! But I am missing my baby already :(

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
the dealer supplied cars could have a big insurance excess
Yeah, some years ago, one dealer I was servicing with had a $5k excess on their loan car but I don’t know if this was/is a common excess amount with others.

As mentioned, your own vehicle insurance may cover the loan car while yours is in the workshop so it could be worth clarifying this with your insurance company. If the loan car is covered by your insurance company, then you’d also need to get the dealer to accept they are covered through you... and thus you have no need for their expensive insurance. The dealer may not like or accept this so it can become a pain which is why I hate insurance companies o_O and usually decline loan cars :eek:

Last edited: