Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sudden Loss of Power Steering WHEN DRIVING

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Okay...call me lazy but I haven't read back through all of this thread. My car went in for the recall service in November last year. I think mine was one of the first done at my local dealer. Now that the recall service has been completed should the car be okay from now on?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... Now that the recall service has been completed should the car be okay from now on?
It’s a Holden :eek: you do the math :p

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^
:p

Which is correct math or maths?
Both maths and math are shortened forms of the word mathematics, which is the study of number, quantity, and space. Math is the American variant. Maths is the British variant.

It’s much like color / colour (and the like). Sadly American spelling has polluted our British English as used down under. People setting incorrect language within their PCs doesn’t help auto correct to choose the right spelling so it gets worse as the years progress :rolleyes:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Both maths and math are shortened forms of the word mathematics, which is the study of number, quantity, and space. Math is the American variant.
Exactly! And maths is the Australian variant. I’m not American - are you?!?!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha, few grammar nazis here :p Oddly, arguing aussie spelling while driving Holden cars fitted with redneck American V8 engines built by tacohead Mexicans :rolleyes:

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
^
:p

Both maths and math are shortened forms of the word mathematics, which is the study of number, quantity, and space. Math is the American variant. Maths is the British variant.

It’s much like color / colour (and the like). Sadly American spelling has polluted our British English as used down under. People setting incorrect language within their PCs doesn’t help auto correct to choose the right spelling so it gets worse as the years progress :rolleyes:

It is actually derived from a Greek word

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics

Mathematics (from Greek μάθημα máthēma, "knowledge, study, learning")

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It is actually derived from a Greek word

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics
Indeed.

But why is maths the correct English abbreviation for mathematics (yet Americans incorrectly call it math) ... and yet the plural of Lego is Lego and (yet the Americans pluralise it to Legos - like you can cook & eat it with a nice bolognese sauce)?!?!