Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suggested Body mods?

Mysterious-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rb30 VK
hey guys, im a new owner of a silver 06 VE omega, which i know isnt much, but being only 18 and for a first car im proud of it
im getting a bit bored of the looks of the stock body,
just wondering your opinions on bodykits, lights, wings. etc.

ive currently removed the "Commodore" and "Omega" badges
made slight modifications to the front grill, which im not too sure if i like or not,
it has an SS wing, which i want to remove and swap for a calais or senator bobtail,

anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
ssv tail lights
lower it
rims
boot lip spoiler
window tint
bee stub antenna
slimline number plates

congrats on the new car
plenty of things you can do!

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
i quite like the look of the HBDD front lip for the omega, looks similar to an SS but much more subtle. IMO thats all i would put on, and then lower it with rims. just make sure that any rims you put on are the right offset. nothing worse than rims that hide inside the wheel arches.

Hella Flush FTW!

Mysterious-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rb30 VK
thanks guys, for wheels i was looking at VCT soprano's, mainly cause theyre practically a 5 spoke wheel, but at the same time, i also dont like the chrome, but i may be just too picky,

steve, i like the ssv lights, i think they may set it off,
do you know how much a painted bootlip spoiler would set me back?
and what springs would you recommend? i was looking at Ultralow rears, and superlow fronts, but not too sure as to how it would sit, and what i would need in the way of shocks,

klampy,
the HBD lip looks great, thats sort of what im looking for, just so it looks similar to stock, and doesnt attract too much attention,
what rims would you suggest? and springs?

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
im a bit strange when it comes to what i think i commodore should look like. see, i like a car to look agressive, without looking like its trying to. in saying that, i quite like the JDM look. have a look in the forum called jdmstyletuning theres a thread for commodores. i think theres some brilliant inspiration in there.

im glad to see you worked out what hbd was. lol

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
you can buy an unpainted bootlip spoiler for $198 on holmart and i cant imagine paint being any more than 150

as for springs, i did ultra low rear and superlow front and it sits really well, excellent height, looks good and is much noticeably lower, no trouble on speed humps either

i also did shortened shocks, but if you're on a budget they're not a necessity i don't think

100 percent ssv tailights make it look alot better, rank that highly on your mod list

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
im a bit strange when it comes to what i think i commodore should look like. see, i like a car to look agressive, without looking like its trying to. in saying that, i quite like the JDM look. have a look in the forum called jdmstyletuning theres a thread for commodores. i think theres some brilliant inspiration in there.

im glad to see you worked out what hbd was. lol

Holden and JDM should never, ever mix! Far too ricer in my opinion!