Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suggestion - Help: Future Modding. 02' VX Eco

Kyle W

2002 VX II Executive :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S2 Executive
Hey guys,

im wanting to get a fair bit more power, roughly about 200rwkw out of my eco, muchly to have significant gains to my car.

what im thinking is:

Yella Terra Roller Rockers - Not sure which ratio
Limited Slip Dif - Although unsure if or how i can go about this
Suspension - I've been told King Spring Super lows are good? can someone verify this
CAI - unsure how to go about this one? Mace is good?
Auto Shift kit of some sorts?
Cam and Gears?
T/B and Spacer?
Extractors?

If i was to do this what kind of gains would i expect to see?

I already have a Lukey 2.5" exhaust system on it, and am ready to spend on it as a project car. what suggestions and advice do you guys have for me?

thanks in advance,
Kyle

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
I think for 200rwkw you will need to look at forced induction if want something that will still have good drive ability on the street.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
I think for 200rwkw you will need to look at forced induction if want something that will still have good drive ability on the street.

+ 1 was going to suggest the same thing. As for the following i would suggest (personal choice only)

Yella Terra Roller Rockers - Not sure which ratio 1:9.1
Limited Slip Dif - Although unsure if or how i can go about this. Yes you can fit a LSD depends what you want to recomend diff gears
Suspension - I've been told King Spring Super lows are good? can someone verify this. alot use king springs and monroe GT shocks
CAI - unsure how to go about this one? Mace is good? Mace do make good ones buy you can also make your own out of ABS plastic
Auto Shift kit of some sorts? I know nothing on autos sorry lol
Cam and Gears? cant help you there altho cams are great power upgrade but also pricey

T/B and Spacer? 69mm Mace T/B and i havent yet tried the spacers others recomend them tho
Extractors? Id go Pacemakers for sure

Kyle W

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S2 Executive
Thanks for your help Mr VX, what sort of power gain would i be looking at with this type of setup, and without going forced induction? i generally want to beat standard 4.0lt Fords. not that i condone street racing.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
I couldnt tell you what gain over all you would get, I would say you would most likely need all of the above to get the best result over the standard for tho.

Kyle W

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S2 Executive
also mr VX what kind of LSD do you Reccomend for street performance im not so in the know for this one.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
I no stuff all about diff gears and which ones do what. Im just about to swap my single spiner to 3:07 LSD from a VY SS just because i got it cheap with very low kms on it.