Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suggestion

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hey guys,

Just wanted to suggest possibly adding sub sections to the already sub sections of the my ride section (confusing sentence much).

As in:

MY RIDE

VR - VS

HSV
SS
S
Calais
Exec
Berlina
Ute

I realise it may be a bit tricky but it would be good to be able to click on VR - VS and then select Ute to checkout the Utes or Stato's for example.

Cheers guys, keep up the good work.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
people have trouble posting in the right sections as it is, making more sub sections would be a nightmare. not to mention the mass of threads that would need moving as is.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
What is with everyone wanting 4000000000 sub forums?

There is too many as it is.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
What is with everyone wanting 4000000000 sub forums?

There is too many as it is.

Lol, was just a suggestion as I thought that they are encouraged on JC?

I just figured it would be easier if someone wanted to checkout a particular type of ride instead of browsing through 439 threads (in the VR - VS members ride section). Sometimes i want to look at utes as an example and it is tricky as the search function isn't as useful as hoped.

I obviously have the "users experience" in mind without taking into consideration the mod's experience.

Yes, I know it is a free service.....

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Erm, as a user who become a mod after 4k posts...I am speaking on behalf of a user and an admins experience. People cannot use the forums righ tnow...let alone with 30 more subforums.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Erm, as a user who become a mod after 4k posts...I am speaking on behalf of a user and an admins experience. People cannot use the forums righ tnow...let alone with 30 more subforums.

I was unaware of the users inability to use the forum of recent!
Is it possible to incorporate My rides into the search feature or something then? Have an option to search for a specific type of "my ride" to narrow down the search results?? If it is currently an option, it is not working.

I am not trying to make your job harder, can you please work with me for an actual result instead of dismissing my suggestion completely.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
What do you mean search for a specific type of ride, you enter your key search terms. Add a better description and it should work. Unless the search function has gone haywire.

The idea you have just makes things more complicated then it needs to be.

We have a VN-VP section. If in that section we have a VQ Section and then a VG Ute section, youll have people posting **** everywhere. At the moment half the people cant even post their ride in the "My Ride" section with people chucking their stuff in Polls and there was on in "News and Updates" a week ago.

A simple and easy way to atleast assist in people searching could be to add a tag system like we currently have with State tags. Could have (UTE) or (SS) tags etc which can be searched for as a prefix in advanced search. Again it comes down to the user posting to actually imput the correct information and when it comes to that we cant hold their hands

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
could possibly use a prefix, ie: ute,sedan,wagon? like the for sale sections do with the state that the seller is in? just a thought, then that way its not a sub-section as such but can still be searched for individually