Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suggestions

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
sounds like a good idea to me, could come in pretty handy :thumbsup:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Ok.... I have an idea...

What do you guys think about a document archive for each model section?

A sticky that only contains documents, images and literature on that model car?

I was thinking about this... the other week had a bloke having some issues with his tb and i was trying to describe a part... and i couldn't find a diagram of a vt v6 TB... which would have helped greatly.

So what about a thread that people can post the documents they have, and a brief description of that the document is/covers?

Just a thought
Then you would just have the issue of trying to find the right image/document within the sticky.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Perhaps there could be an index in the first post that mods could update as new documents are uploaded?

Then you could read though the index and see if there is a document on what you're after rather than doing a search of the thread?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Perhaps there could be an index in the first post that mods could update as new documents are uploaded?

Then you could read though the index and see if there is a document on what you're after rather than doing a search of the thread?
Sounds good in theory but we really don't have the time to be updating indexes for 10 odd threads.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
You're in a very negative mood I see... :p

Nah, I understand where you're coming from...

I will trial this thread in the vt-vx section... and if people add stuff I will index it myself...

If it works... other members could step up and do the same for their car model sections... if not... no harm done...

Thanks anyway Airstrike!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
You're in a very negative mood I see... :p

Nah, I understand where you're coming from...

I will trial this thread in the vt-vx section... and if people add stuff I will index it myself...

If it works... other members could step up and do the same for their car model sections... if not... no harm done...

Thanks anyway Airstrike!
Go for you life mate, i'll sticky the thread for you.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Hey, shoot me down if this idea turns out to be no good, but how about a thread/main thread?? (what ever its called) on panel beating??

Where you can post up your job specific questions, and get a panel beater / spray painter to reply...
Of course have a sticky on a basic how to guide, outlining the 'rules' of it all, what to do, what order.. where - booth etc..

Although it would be basically relying on the panelbeaters / spray painters to 'give away trade secrets' to the amature DIY-er, Im sure (hoping) there would be a few guys out there willing to help out??

What do you guys rekon??

Not too sure if there is already a section on it, but I havent really found it yet..

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Hey, pretty much like that yeah...

haha, I was thinking there had to be something around, it seemed that it was the only topic that wasnt covered, but turns out it was...