Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suggestions

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Been thinking about a few ways we can improve the board

- Make it possible to embed YouTube etc. videos directly into a thread (they don't start loading until the video is played so it's not bandwidth intensive)
- Some new emoticons to express ourselves better
- Dark coloured theme
- General renamed to General Automotive with an amendment to the description saying for off topic discussions post in The Pub (linked)

That's all I've got, take it or leave it

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
i think the embedded Youtube vids should be a personal option.
cant they already be embedded anyway - could have sworn i had seen some here somewhere.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
A fair point for people who don't want them to load.

Was also thinking spoiler tags would be awesome

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Good points, I agree with them all. Spoiler tags would also be a good idea.

I've also wanted to change the 'Trading Post' to 'Just Classifieds' for a long time but one person does not like the idea and it has been canned.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i like the lighter coloured theme. ive been on darker themed sites and it makes them look like a cheap nasty site :p ...

what ive always though of wanting was a button up near new posts that links to your previous posts... because i dont know if other people do but when i log in i find a post ive made and click on my name and go to find all posts so i can see the replies to threads ive recently posted in... just a thought it would make it heaps easier

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
i like the lighter coloured theme. ive been on darker themed sites and it makes them look like a cheap nasty site :p ...

what ive always though of wanting was a button up near new posts that links to your previous posts... because i dont know if other people do but when i log in i find a post ive made and click on my name and go to find all posts so i can see the replies to threads ive recently posted in... just a thought it would make it heaps easier

Click usercp, scroll down, and click "view all subscribed threads"

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
yeah but thats only if you subscribe to a thread and dont like gettin 400,000 emails when ppl post in them :p ... just want something that will show my previous posts

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
yeah but thats only if you subscribe to a thread and dont like gettin 400,000 emails when ppl post in them :p ... just want something that will show my previous posts

Then select the no email notification option when subscribing....

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

from memory, by forum default. if you post in a thread, it subscribes you with no email notification.

if it doesnt do that for you, you can make it, by venturing into your options in the usercp.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ok.... I have an idea...

What do you guys think about a document archive for each model section?

A sticky that only contains documents, images and literature on that model car?

I was thinking about this... the other week had a bloke having some issues with his tb and i was trying to describe a part... and i couldn't find a diagram of a vt v6 TB... which would have helped greatly.

So what about a thread that people can post the documents they have, and a brief description of that the document is/covers?

Just a thought