Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SUMERZ] VX S: 2JZ, Auto, Bagged & Fittment

summerZ

SMRBGD
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX II S
i just checked then, the ve gts rims + tyres from wheelking is gunna set me back over $5000 lol...

these r the two tones of the prowler
new-release-prowler.png

and
mywheels.jpg

from wheelking, these would save me approx $3000 with tryes lol..

which ones?
or should i save for the gts'?

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
The two tone ones will look sweet with the black headlights.
And theres no chrome on them either... their nickel plated alloy so people cant flame you over chrome lol

But really the choice is up to you, If you like the chrome ones then go for it.
You can get aftermarket GTS rims i believe, probebly even less than 3 grand with tyres.

summerZ

SMRBGD
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX II S
The two tone ones will look sweet with the black headlights.
And theres no chrome on them either... their nickel plated alloy so people cant flame you over chrome lol

But really the choice is up to you, If you like the chrome ones then go for it.
You can get aftermarket GTS rims i believe, probebly even less than 3 grand with tyres.

yeah thats true
i saw the aftermarket sets but if i got them i would want real hsv set :p

ill see when i go up to wheelking and try on all 3 sets.. see which looks best..

like u said, if i go with the black ones, then i could get the darker headlights.. so:yeah::thumbsup:

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
iv got a vx s pack aswell buddy just got it. I'm thinking about lowering it aswell and getting rims. Have you thought about vx GTS rims? Dunno about you mate but geez $5000 just on rims? I know I would not dare spend that much on rims. So im thinking about just putting vy ss rims on mine much cheaper option. Also with the fog light kit. The previous owner put the kit on mine and they make the car look very nice.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Nice n clean car u got there man. I dunno bout the black tail n headlights suiting silver but those black rims would suit it nicely even tho they r pretty common least they look good. Some 20% tint wouldnt go astray either.

OH BTW Chrome is 4 homos :p haha

summerZ

SMRBGD
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX II S
iv got a vx s pack aswell buddy just got it. I'm thinking about lowering it aswell and getting rims. Have you thought about vx GTS rims? Dunno about you mate but geez $5000 just on rims? I know I would not dare spend that much on rims. So im thinking about just putting vy ss rims on mine much cheaper option. Also with the fog light kit. The previous owner put the kit on mine and they make the car look very nice.

yeah thats y im thinking of just going for the prowlers as they r 3k cheaper.. and i didnt expect the ve gts rims were gunna b 5k with tyres... that sorta put me off the idea..

i havnt thought about the vx gts rims, but they are really common, and i havnt seen any prowlers around yet so prbs gunna get them..

i was struggling to find an s pack with the ss fog lights, which sucked coz they make it look so much better, but the damn things cost a good couple hundred bucks too, which isnt too helpful.

20% tint would b insane - everytime i walk past it on the way to school, it just annoys me that it got no tint lol.. doesnt look right - cant wait to get in tinted! :D

summerZ

SMRBGD
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX II S
i found on the trading post a set of ve gts rims, 20x8.5 and 20x9.5 with tyres from $2200... something that is really tempting but i would have to get them shipped and i wont get to try them on, but i guess it could b a risk worth taking...
wat u guys think?

summerZ

SMRBGD
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX II S
those hp's dont look bad from that pic...
when i get time, i might borrow a sen sig rim off my mums gto and see wat it looks like on mine, but i would prefer the ve gts rims, they are just amazing... but thanks for your opinions :thumbsup: