Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sump ****ing Plug problems

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
Grind a lil bit outta it and hit the #### with a solid hammer and screwdriver then when it comes out

throw it on the ground and stomp it 10-13 times then peg it on the neighbours roof problem solved :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
LOOOOLLL!! who the f'k is doing sump plugs up that tight???? does it still have the copper gasket on it?.

cold chisel and a hammer will 'shock' it loose, then your pipe wrench will get it off.

p.s. 18mm tap and die will be WAY too big IMO, i dont know bout' your cars specifics, but they are usually around a M10- M12 thread

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Yeah Ill have to check the Tap before I go ahead and do it all. business isn't too great, so dunno when I will be able to do it. If anyone needs a new computer! Buy it through me :p that way I can aford to do this!

Whoever did it up this tight needs a smack I tell you!... If I use a cold chisel, isn't there a chance I will remove the top of the bolt and then have to drill out the remainder of the bolt?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
if you pretty accurate with a drill you can use a drill 2mm smaller then your minor thread diameter and drill through the centre of the bolt this will relive some of the pressure on the internal thread and make it easyer to get out. but as there will still be oil in the sump it could get messy and youll have to flush the sump really well before starting the donk. good luck