Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sun reflection around gear selector

sootys holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
the centre console chrome garnish reflects the sun into your eyes while driving any answers to fix

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the centre console chrome garnish reflects the sun into your eyes while driving any answers to fix

I wrapped mine with a carbon fibre look wrap...
20201003-163051.jpg

Robdre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 RS ZB Commodore 3.6L AWD
How easy was it to remove the chrome trim before you could cover it.
Did you get the wrap of ebay?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
How easy was it to remove the chrome trim before you could cover it.
Did you get the wrap of ebay?

very easy...
just put your fingers in the soft part of the trim at the top near the P position and pull up and it will pop out.
there is a electrical plug you need to unplug under the PRND panel.
you can then unclip the chrome panel off the trim or you can remove the whole thing by just grabbing the shift knob and pulling up.

i got the wrap from supercheap auto but ebay wraps would be no different

i did the chrome on the front in black too

Robdre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 RS ZB Commodore 3.6L AWD
Thanks for your reply Stooge, much appreciated. I will certainly be doing that this weekend.

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
i got the wrap from supercheap auto but ebay wraps would be no different

Youve got me interested. How does this wrap work? Are they one size fits all or car specific? How much stuffing around are they?

Is it a job thats at the chewing gum & walking level, pull the car apart & have extra bits & a rattle level, or pull car apart & nothing left over & no rattles level?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Youve got me interested. How does this wrap work? Are they one size fits all or car specific? How much stuffing around are they?

Is it a job thats at the chewing gum & walking level, pull the car apart & have extra bits & a rattle level, or pull car apart & nothing left over & no rattles level?

the wrap is like a sticker and comes on rolls and you use a heat gun to work it onto the object you are wrapping.

the chrome shifter surround just pops out when you pull it up from the top where the shifter sits in park, there is a cable connected to it under the PRND panel so you need to unplug that.
you can either unclip the chrome trim and leave the shifter knob and boot in the vehicle or pull up on the shift knob and remove the whole thing from the vehicle then unclip the chrome trim from it.

this will give you an idea what is involved and you can get the vinyl wrap on ebay or at supercheap auto or stores like it

Last edited: