Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sun roofs

mckackie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY adventra LX8
I have an LX8 VY Adventra....the sunroof is leaking, and after the battery flatlined while we were away, the sunroof has since developed a mind of it's own, ie opening randomly when the car is parked. Absolute nuisance as it seems to happen when it's raining. SO.....I am looking for info on how to re-seal, reset settings on fully closed, are the drains a problem? is there a service proceedure and what do I need to look out for. Thanks in Advance, as I have a big job ahead of me drying out a flooded pride n joy.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I have a 06 VZ Adventra, the first thing I did was clean the drains,
I used compressed Air on the front ones,
and used similar on the rear ones,
The Front ones drain to the inside of the guards, and they can get block at the bottom
The rear ones exit at the top on each side of the rear door, there is a little flap that covers the holes.

The Holden Adventra FB Groups are all over this issue, and have plenty of Experts tell you what to do.

But in a nutshell, compressed air is the best [as long as you don't use full pressure]

As for the opening and closing, that is controlled from the BCM, might be best to remove that and dry it out before it corrodes.

Do you have Wet Floor Carpet on either sides ?
If so, I read there was a lack of body sealant between the metalwork in behind the guards,
Best remedy, is to remove the guards, and reseal the area's in question with a mastic sealant.

Last edited:

mckackie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY adventra LX8
I have a 06 VZ Adventra, the first thing I did was clean the drains,
I used compressed Air on the front ones,
and used similar on the rear ones,
The Front ones drain to the inside of the guards, and they can get block at the bottom
The rear ones exit at the top on each side of the rear door, there is a little flap that covers the holes.

The Holden Adventra FB Groups are all over this issue, and have plenty of Experts tell you what to do.

But in a nutshell, compressed air is the best [as long as you don't use full pressure]

As for the opening and closing, that is controlled from the BCM, might be best to remove that and dry it out before it corrodes.

Do you have Wet Floor Carpet on either sides ?
If so, I read there was a lack of body sealant between the metalwork in behind the guards,
Best remedy, is to remove the guards, and reseal the area's in question with a mastic sealant.
only wet on one side, but swimming in a good inch and a half of water, with the car just parked. I will investigate the drains, and I will be stripping out the interior for clean/overhaul/leak rectification anyway. Any diagrams available to show all drain routes?
thanks for the advice!

mckackie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY adventra LX8
More information required. I have found the sunroof glass doesn't park properly when it is in the closed position, ie it actually drops about 15 mm, and flops up and down when pushed from underneath. Broken bracket or not properly "clipped in"?.....any diagrams etc would be welcome