Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sunroof Noise

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
no the wire cables that allow how much it sits up. If in doubt just call pass a sunroof place and they will do it for you. Dont go to a dealer, they will botch it up for you

I look at the sunroof last night and there doesn't seem to be any adjustment unless you make the change to the stop of the window deflector.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have now modified my sunroof so the deflector does not pop up so far. Much better to drive at 100 km/h

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
How, if I may ask?

I added some spaces to the deflector. The stoppers are on each side of the deflector and are under the roof panel bends. I added a piece of sticky soft pad (I doubled it for thickness) and that allowed the deflector not to rise so high. When you look from the windscreen over the roof, the deflector does not have a gap between the roof now. The air previously was getting in between the roof and the deflector. I wish I did this 3 years ago.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
I added some spaces to the deflector. The stoppers are on each side of the deflector and are under the roof panel bends. I added a piece of sticky soft pad (I doubled it for thickness) and that allowed the deflector not to rise so high. When you look from the windscreen over the roof, the deflector does not have a gap between the roof now. The air previously was getting in between the roof and the deflector. I wish I did this 3 years ago.

Can you please tell me roughly how thick the spacers are in mm? I also have a VFii ssvr and noticed that the wind ouse is reduced when pulling down the deflector whilst driving.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Can you please tell me roughly how thick the spacers are in mm? I also have a VFii ssvr and noticed that the wind ouse is reduced when pulling down the deflector whilst driving.

I used the self adhesive floor protector pieces that Ikea have in their bookcase kits. I think it was about 5 mm the allowed the deflector to just sit above the roof without allowing air to get in below it. It is so much quieter but you will still hear noise at 100km/h as it is like an open window. It is heaps quieter than before.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
I used the self adhesive floor protector pieces that Ikea have in their bookcase kits. I think it was about 5 mm the allowed the deflector to just sit above the roof without allowing air to get in below it. It is so much quieter but you will still hear noise at 100km/h as it is like an open window. It is heaps quieter than before.

Sorry to bring up an old post however can you take a photo confirming where you placed the pads? Are the Ikea ones felt or plastic/rubber? I could only find felt ones on the Ikea website.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Don't worry I just went by Bunnings and bought a pack of these. Was tricky to place them correctly and I'm not sure if they will hold but so far so good.

Attachments

• F7E6CCAD-B3E5-4154-85B6-24A4CC8760DC.jpeg
    F7E6CCAD-B3E5-4154-85B6-24A4CC8760DC.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 234

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
Must admit never really touch my sun roof, so I can't say I have noticed/had issue. can you please take a picture of where you place them if possible to help peeps in the future.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I miss my sunroof.

When withdrawn and no angled i had lots of noise but on angle u have to have above 60km/h and that was in my Ford