Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sunroof opinion

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
I'm pretty sure no sunroof is Holden factory fitted, they are dealer fitted by Hollandia/ Webasto authorised agents , I have a 700 on my 2006 VZ SS which I did have an issue with the glass panel delaminating from the frame , it's a common fault, I contacted Webasto and they promptly fix it under a recall . couldn't be happier ,

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I'm pretty sure no sunroof is Holden factory fitted, they are dealer fitted by Hollandia/ Webasto authorised agents , I have a 700 on my 2006 VZ SS which I did have an issue with the glass panel delaminating from the frame , it's a common fault, I contacted Webasto and they promptly fix it under a recall . couldn't be happier ,
Later models had them factory fitted. The sunroof cutout was stamped into the roof skin. In the aftermarket the roof skin in generally cut, and a rubber trim is applied around the hole. Dealer fitted and factory fitted are very different things, although they are terms I see often used interchangeably.

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
Later models had them factory fitted. The sunroof cutout was stamped into the roof skin. In the aftermarket the roof skin in generally cut, and a rubber trim is applied around the hole. Dealer fitted and factory fitted are very different things, although they are terms I see often used interchangeably.
I won't argue with you mate , I had an issue my sunroof which I raised with Holden, they checked my VIN and said no issues , I called Webasto and they fixed it under recall , at the end of the day Hollandia sunroofs are the best ! cheers

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

maybe

mine is integrated fully into the vehicle, everything is moulded.

if it's aftermarket you'd never know.

VX, no idea.