Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sunroof or no sunroof

revamp64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore Turbo
Hi all, I have a barn find VL Commodore turbo fitted with a sunroof. As far as I know it was not an option Holden offered. Before I strip the car down for rust repair and repainting I need to decide whether to keep the sunroof or ditch it. What do the experts say?

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Hi all, I have a barn find VL Commodore turbo fitted with a sunroof. As far as I know it was not an option Holden offered. Before I strip the car down for rust repair and repainting I need to decide whether to keep the sunroof or ditch it. What do the experts say?
Why are you asking for other's opinion about looks when its your personal choice of what looks good to you ?

or do you need to know if a sunroof would affect the resale value with/without $$ ?

revamp64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore Turbo
I realise a sunroof is a matter of choice, I am definitely interested in how it might affect resale.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Why are you asking for other's opinion about looks when its your personal choice of what looks good to you ?
Why stop now? You are always at the ready with your opinions everywhere else on this forum.

If it was mine, I would fill it in if it's a aftermarket.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
i love a sunroof, it's a selling point if you ask me.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
I realise a sunroof is a matter of choice, I am definitely interested in how it might affect resale.
I would not have asked you the question if you were clear in your opening post as to what you wanted to know exactly and you didn’t state what model VL you have, it just has vl turbo on your username and it could be any vl that had a turbo fitted and not genuine factory.

If you have a executive car, sure leave it, won’t affect resale you think as the buyer is only wanting the turbo in a cheaper model. Ask yourself would you be an idiot to chop a hole in roof on a GENUINE FACTORY VL CALAIS OR BERLINA TURBO CAR worth north of $30k ?

If keeping the car, probably keep the sunroof if you like it ... if selling it, it would be cost to fix roof....verses....value lost if perspective buyer/s don’t like sunroof and offer you less than high value of factory car. Your car, your money your choice @ simple

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
i recon keep it not many VL with sun roof

1988VLCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Sunroof was a dealer option