Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sunroof

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
ok VR_Project here are the places in perth for sunroofs

Linear Concept - in wangara
www.linearconcept.com.au
they are now Hollandia sunroof state authorised seller & sell webasto sunroofs too
the hollandia sunroofs are the same ones as HSV factory & holden i think.
my hsv has a hollandia one in it
not sure on prices you will have to ring 9309 9111

the other place is Prestige Sunroofs WA in Booragoon
they have sliding sunroofs from $795 and they dont have website. they just point to webasto sunroofs website australia.
number to call is 9317 1944

cant comment on the webasto sunroofs but mine is a hollandia like i said in my hsv and i think its awesome. if its good enough for hsv to use from factory its good enough for me

hope this helps :thumbsup:

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
yea personally i wouldn't get one but everyones decision, my dad didn't like em that much when he owned a cortina for a while but he said the most use he got is when he locked his keys in the car and left it open so he got em out by climbing through lol

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
wes_v8 said:
yea personally i wouldn't get one but everyones decision, my dad didn't like em that much when he owned a cortina for a while but he said the most use he got is when he locked his keys in the car and left it open so he got em out by climbing through lol
most of the new sunroofs automatically close after you take the key out of accessories so that
a) no one can get into your car if you leave it open
b) if it rains and you leave it open....wet bum

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
thanks everyone for you pm's keep them coming as im sure there are more people out there with opinoins on sunroofs :)

manass

Reaction score
Yeah, I had one on my previous VR Calais and loved it, now looking to put one in my VS Manta, I love them, cruising on a warm summers night with it open, nothing better

06vzcalais

Reaction score
hmm old thread but did anyone have any luck.. i only want one cause they look good when opened while cruising. my mate got one for 2g, the bloke who installed it didnt get it square, its on a slight angle looks kinda bodgy, but doesnt leak which is a bonus

MY-42-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VT Commodore
i want one put in my VT, i reakon with the VZ monaro body kit, bigger rims, lower it, de-badge it, remove the spoiler and get a sun roof put in, i reakon that will put it over the top =)

06vzcalais

Reaction score
yesm all i need is a senator body kit its just hard chasing a complete kit down unless you go thru a dealership and my local dealership isnt interested in selling me one i wanna find someone who cant tint my ride and do the roof

MY-42-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VT Commodore
well im in quirindi ( middle of the sticks lol near tamworth ) and our local smash repairs had a monaro body kit there off a genuine monaro, so i asked him to paint it and see how we went, the side skirts don't watch up so we got a set of VX SS side skirts .... must admit looks tricky

what im tryin to say here is ... no matter where u are, theres always gonna be some one interested in taking your money for a sweet looking job

as for sun roof .. i'd go to a pro place in sydney that do that sorta stuff daily

06vzcalais

Reaction score
well im in quirindi ( middle of the sticks lol near tamworth ) and our local smash repairs had a monaro body kit there off a genuine monaro, so i asked him to paint it and see how we went, the side skirts don't watch up so we got a set of VX SS side skirts .... must admit looks tricky

what im tryin to say here is ... no matter where u are, theres always gonna be some one interested in taking your money for a sweet looking job

as for sun roof .. i'd go to a pro place in sydney that do that sorta stuff daily

yeah i know quirindi im a railway worker we did the concrete resleepering from gunnedah to the gap near werris creek

yeah was thinkin of sydney apparently theres a good place in newcastle as well