Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sunshades

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I’m in Western Australia, and have struggled to order the ZB sunshade as shown on Holden’s website. All but one dealer in WA could not supply or order it. They said they were no longer available. I pushed and spoke to Holden who seemed shocked at that and said they are still available, and for me to give them the details of my local dealer and they’ll check in and see what the trouble is.

Luckily, however, I spoke to the last dealer here I hadn’t yet called and they managed to order me one (but it sounded like it was hard to track down).

It arrived after about a week, and cost me $168 total (about $20 for freight ordering), which means there was a $28 markup, but I’m happy as this guard covers the windshield and dash perfectly - there’s no gaps and it matches the shape of the shield, mirror and camera unit. It doesn’t sag, feels extremely strong and premium, and comes with a cover for storage in the car.

The dealer was Gibbons Holden in Armadale, WA. Not sure if they’ll deliver to you in NZ for a charge, but it’s worth a try. Otherwise, message Holden on Facebook and see what they can do.

If it helps, the sunshade is COVERCRAFT UVS100 Custom Sunscreen branded. Their website is www.covercraft.com. You might be able to ask them for info/options.

Just had a look a look at the Covercraft site. The ZB is sold in the USA as a Buick LaCrosse. I'm guessing if push come to a shove you could just order one for a LaCrosse and you'd be good to go.

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Thank you for the reply.

In the end I bought one from Supercheap and modified it. My wife very nicely sewed new edging where I had chopped and channelled.
Yep... a bloke in my street was trying to get a commercial cover to fit his ZB (which he loves) and couldn't find one so he thought out of the box. He went and bought some heavy duty PVC-backed black-out cloth and created a pattern on it with a texta while the cloth was draped over the windscreen. Then he cut the pattern out with a generous overhang and went down to the local shops to a clothing alterations place operated by a nice older Vietnamese lady. She cut the pattern out finer, doubled over the edges and machine stitched the seams. Perfect job! Cost him twenty bucks for the fabric and fifty bucks to have it stitched up. It looks commercially-made. He just drapes it over the windscreen and there are two flaps, one one either side, which fit between the body and the front doors.