Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sup3rst4r's 2011 my11 ve ssv heron ute

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
That's a good result for a 10, go cabin gain! haha yeah I saw everyone holding windows and was thinking why the f*** are they doing that? None of the systems would have been anywhere near strong enough to blow a window, I don't think actual Bass Battle competitors break windows haha.

I haven't finished my system yet but if it was I would have contemplated it for sh*ts and gigs. I was talking to one of the girls and Autobahn and they reckon they might do another one when it warms up a bit. The demo cars there were cool though.

dwoodzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
hey great work, all your mods look very professional
can you link me to the HIDs you got for the headlights and reverse lights? thanks

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate, it's good to hear they look professional as I try my hardest to do a proper job.

I got the HID all in one kit from ezihid: VE Series 2 SV6/SS/SSV AIO Complete Package H7/H9/H10 6000K

And the reverse light HID from Max Vision Australia: http://############.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/hid-reverse-light-back-lamp-system.html

However I sold the reverse light HIDs to my mate cos they weren't working for me and I put in super white LEDs which aren't as bright but still bright enough and come on straight away.

I hope that helps dwoodzy :)

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
If you hold windows in the right spot it makes it stiffer in theory , if a panel flexes you are losing energy this db loss , it is how ever not just something that can be guessed , you need to test and find the set spts or it could actually drop your score.
Cabin gain wasnt really accurate , the small size I think actually hurt my score IMO , the fact it was a $1200 10" sub and 3000wrms amp and good designed box would have gone a long way to the high number lol

dwoodzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thanks mate, it's good to hear they look professional as I try my hardest to do a proper job.

I got the HID all in one kit from ezihid: VE Series 2 SV6/SS/SSV AIO Complete Package H7/H9/H10 6000K

And the reverse light HID from Max Vision Australia: http://############.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/hid-reverse-light-back-lamp-system.html

However I sold the reverse light HIDs to my mate cos they weren't working for me and I put in super white LEDs which aren't as bright but still bright enough and come on straight away.

I hope that helps dwoodzy :)

thanks so much mate!! appreciate it

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you hold windows in the right spot it makes it stiffer in theory , if a panel flexes you are losing energy this db loss , it is how ever not just something that can be guessed , you need to test and find the set spts or it could actually drop your score.
Cabin gain wasnt really accurate , the small size I think actually hurt my score IMO , the fact it was a $1200 10" sub and 3000wrms amp and good designed box would have gone a long way to the high number lol

Yeah that makes sense about a panel flexing and losing db, but I doubt the blokes holding the windows knew which spots to hold. Just something I've never seen before.

Ahk fair enough, see I wasn't sure what you were running as I didn't get close enough to look. What gear were you using?

I have been in talks with my audio builder and the sub I'm going to use will be a Morel SC122. It's more of a sq sub than spl, and needs to be built into a large sealed enclosure to hit it's low fqs. My builder originally said we would need a 42L enclosure and it may have been to big to fit, then he remembered that I'm also going to use a processor so he can alter the Q through that and I had a measure and found we can fit a 32L enclosure comfortably behind the seat, so that will be getting fabbed and installed mid August.

No worries dwoodzy, glad I could help mate :)

BURK3Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
hey mate just had a look over your ride, must say looks very sweet and looks like it is coming along well, good stuff.

I recently purchased a VE SS Z series Ute and was looking at where to get Hard Lids as I can't justify spending $3,000 from Holden, so just wondering where abouts did you get yours from and also the Stubby Aerial?

I know of a few places, and on my old VZ Ute I got a lid from HSP Ute Lids from Moorabin down here in VIC so might get in touch with them and see what they can do as I had no dramas with them last time.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate sorry for slow reply, the net has been capped for the last week or so.

Thanks for the positive comments :) I do my best with what little funds I have.

I got my hard lid from Flat Top Products: Flat Top Ute Lids | Hard Covers | Ute Canopies | Ute Accessories They have a fitting centre in Dandendong. I had mine shipped to me and installed myself.

The stubby aerial was just a cheapy off eBay that makes a world of difference IMO: ve bee sting aerial | eBay

Yeah I have heard very good recommendations about HSP aswell. The only reason I chose my twin hump over theirs, is that theirs has a small lip at the back similar to the VZ Thunder lids, and they also have a HSP badge right at the back in the middle on the outside of the cover. I wanted a clean smooth look with no highly noticeable badges.

I'll give the ute a clean and take a few more pics today and put up. If you like I'll take some close ups of the lid and central locking system.

Cheers

Todd

Last edited:

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got around to giving the ute a wash today and went for a drive to the base of Mount Canobolas for a few pictures.

Note the newest mod, plastidipped wheels :)

I will be heading to FHRX end of next week for some more stereo mods so I will update after that.

Thanks for looking :)

Todd

CV60VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
looking mint man sick ute.
can I asked how many cans of plastidip you went through on the wheels was thinking of doing mine.