Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sup3rst4r's 2011 my11 ve ssv heron ute

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Thanks CV60VE, and sorry about the slow reply, I didn't see your post.

I managed to get through the wheels in 3 cans of dip. However up close it is a bit of a rough job especially since it was my first go at it and I was pressed for time at the end. If I were to do it again I'd get 4 cans just to be safe. I hope that helps :)

Todd

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Looking good mate, making me think about getting a white ssv, I can't decide on what color I'm gonna get aye haha

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks man, pick whatever colour you love the most. I nearly bought a Voodoo Blue one before mine haha

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha yeah mate, I have been living on Canobolas Road for a couple months now, just staying at my mum's place there until she sells it. I hope I didn't accidentally snob you or anything lol

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I figured I should really give this thread an update instead of being lazy.

Not many new mods, but a couple worth adding.

I painted my brakes red, just cos the standard alloy looked crap behind the black rims. I thought about other colors but figured red was pretty safe and turned out well.

Also plasti-dipped my Holden badges black

Then gave the ute a nice polish and wax today and took a few photos:

Cheers for looking

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I'm up for new tyres and figured I may as well have them powder coated whilst they get changed since my plasti-dip is slowly starting to come off around the edges. Can't complain with it though as it's been going strong for near on a year.

I am still deciding on colour though, I originally wanted gloss black but now leaning towards satin black for a meaner look and easier finish to keep clean. If anyone has any opinions or experience on the two finishes I wouldn't mind an input?

So since my ute will be without wheels for possibly about a week I figured I would purchase some cheap stockies to put on it whilst my SSVs get powdercoated. Found some 16" chasers with a bit of tread for on eBay about 3 hours away from me. So purchased them and went for a drive to pick them up, only to get home and talk to a fellow Club VE member and find out 16's won't fit over V8 brakes. Whoops haha

So now I have 3 16"s up for sale with reasonable tread.

They are located in Orange NSW and I'm after $180 ono. Pickup preferred but freight or halfway meet can be arranged at buyers expense.

After looking for another couple weeks I found a set of 17's off a Berlina at a wreckers in Penrith, managed to pick them up for $150 due to them being listed wrong on eBay. Bargain I think

Good enough to roll on for a week, then hang on to as spares.