Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

super cheap central kit

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
Hey all, was wonder whats with then supercheap cental locking kits, it says suits most 4 door cars, its only 50$, and i was wondering does anyone know anything bout them, cause if i could spend 50$ over lik 250 getting keyless i probable would...

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Mates got one in his VL took him a good 6hrs to fit n bout another 2hrs to wire it up as he didnt know what to do but they do play up a bit....he had it in for bout 2months b4 it stated to only unlock the drivers door but would lock em all just no unlock.....u would be better gettin a better central lock system as u get what u pay for.....Spend bout 250 n u will get keyless with alarm so that woudl be a better choice....my 2cents

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Yeah they aren't too bad the kit ones, piss easy to put in, wire up etc. Just time consuming.. They're a bit loudish though, if that bothers ya. If i were to do it again, i'd get a kit off a commodore from the wreckers.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
stratherfield use to sell really good kits for about 35. i have a couple of them and i have no problems except for one door that i have to spray a bit of wd spray inside if it gets a bit tight. mind you, my car only ever gets locked if i go to another town which is hardly ever.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
well i got my alarm/central locking kit off ebay for $80. it included keyless entry and i installed it myself. Vn doors already have the holes for mounting the actuators, so you just gotta mount them, connect them to the locking mechanism, and wire it up. wiring is the hardest part though

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
stocky said:
wiring is the hardest part though

Hardest part for me was gettin the door trims off without rippin the tabs off haha

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
would it work if i got another kit and replaced the original sender box with the new 1 and leave the rest of the kit like in the doors? as ive lost the remote?