Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Super Police Cruiser! LOOK OUT HOONS!!!

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
and no fords lol !!! hey its abouttime there cathing up wit hthe mod'd cars :D i dislike hoons :)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I think the number plate scanner is a top idea as there are plenty of people out their driving unregistered and unlicensed.

My car (liberty not commodore) was driven atleast 6 days a week for the entire 12 months I was unlicensed (note it was NOT driven by me) but the driver was never pulled over, not once for a check. You'd think in 12 months one police car would have ran the plate to find its registered to an unlicensed driver, but no. Fair enough it is a granny car though :p

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Kill it with fire!

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
One thought would be that it would be able to catch you if you're driving around unregistered for some reason... another would be that if you have your car or numberplates stolen they'll actually realise and catch the bastard/s.

Thanks for your response alien, interesting thought that, I was thinking they were all controlled via IR though I guess this method is better because of the new availability of the units through certain sources online

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
dont cops have to stop when chases get to a certain speed anyway?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
VS Omega, yea, getting hold of the IR strobes is a bit more difficult than you think. Here in Vic they are programmed a little differently. But the new method is definatly working. Also i found some details VicRoads has posted about the system if you want to read it (it's not very detailed though): Traffic Signals SCATS : VicRoads

SAV_117, yes this is true. However in Victoria at least each type of police vehicle has a max chase speed allocated to it. The police vehicle with the highest permitted chase speed is currently the SS's. If your being followed by them you can bet they wont give up very easily. Also if the chase hits certain speeds in residential type areas it can be called off by base.