Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Super Police Cruiser! LOOK OUT HOONS!!!

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
seen this in the daily tele a few months ago. I understand the need to make roads safe, but i really wish this much effort went into dealing with thugs and street crime.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
need for speed rings a bell lol.

Thats-How-We-Roll

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ V6 Ute On 20z
bahaha, NFS! yeah i think its aload of crap! they brought out the new lancer evo as a marked cop car for mansfield! apprantly its one of the quickest cop car yet! and very good handling! if my ute got hit with a GPS dart , i will stop and take a baseball bat to ya front end of the cop car! lol but think what happens if they miss? n it magicly hits someone? or something?

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
"4: Starcatch: fires GPS transponder which sticks to a pursued vehicle so it can be tracked"

AWESOME!!!

So I guess it wont be long till holden releases a James Bond-spec model which has machine guns and rocket launchers that pop out the bonnet too!!... I mean... that seems like the logical next step to me... wishful thinking maybe

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
hrmmm tracking device shoots out of the front grill interesting
I'm going to make a rocket launcher that shoots it back
hehehe
and the flur sounds like a tampon on the roofracks

Thats-How-We-Roll

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ V6 Ute On 20z
haha , well technology is evolving so quickly! car magnets- so if ur close it draws and attachs the pursued car and eventually bring the pursuit to a stand still... i looked at some cop cars around the world , suprising really, anything from a 1 1/2 cyc. toy car thingy to a lambo! haha

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Clubsport R8 - Vespers Blue
A device for transmitting messages over other car's stereo's?

*cue Eddie Murphy*

'Pull Ovah!'

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Yea, they've been developed since almost 2 years ago. They've been in "testing" since then. The looks changed, the original decals looked better than this crap! Looks too much like the marked evos.

Gotta love the number plate recognition! Scans EVERY number plate it sees even when out on patrol. Any vehicle that's unregistered or belongs to an unlicenced driver is told to the police member.

Mirror is also a HUD unit. They can look up building data, hazardous chemicals and quite a lot of other stuff. No need to remember anything now!

They should be on the road very soon too.

Heres some more pics:
copcar-01.jpg

Older 07 Prototype [still with the crap paint job]

copcar-02.jpg

Boot pic. Each of these vehicles have 5 different ways of communicating back to base. Using GPRS, Police channel and a few others. Ensures theres pretty much always a connection.

copcar-03.jpg

Close up of the number plate scanner. And yes, infrared lights so it works in night too even if you dont have your lights on

copcar-04.jpg

Internal camera that relays back to base.