Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercar 2017 not just V8'S

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Everyone on the V8 Supercars Facebook page is complaining about it not being V8s anymore but the idiots don't stop to think the the V8s are not being scrapped, unlike the German DTM series.

V8 Holden's are gone after 2017, V8 Fords are gone after 2016 (will be waiting on Mustangs) ummmm the Volvo production car is a turbo 6 that retails for $110,000 and that Nissan Altima is a $50,000 V6. I wonder why V8 fans are getting upset. They want to watch V8s race and be able to buy affordable production cars.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Since when does manufacturing dictate shelf life of a race car? There's no reason the FG X and VF can't continue for a few years after they're not being built. Who's to say the the Mustang and Camaro won't be used? I'm pretty sure there's V8s in both of those cars.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
On question, can you turbo charge the V8?

Dunno - but as long as you match the regulated torque/power curve then I suppose so. Why you would want to do such a thing is beyond me but we have a whole V6 mod section for such futility too :p

Bit hard to get parity between a n/a V8 and turbo 4's and 6's. They may have the same total power/torque however they will have much different torque curves.

I haven't really watched supertaxi's this year, didn't even see Bathurst, much rather watch something like muscle cars.

Just regulate the power/torque curves like it currently is. Looking back, that was one of Group A's big failings although technically quite easy to regulate with efi.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Since when does manufacturing dictate shelf life of a race car?

That's what those bogans having a cry on the V8 supercar FB would be thinking. No V8 race cars, no more 4 door V8 production cars. Those mullet wearing sooks on the Facebook page don't understand that and can't afford to buy n run a AMG V8 or BMW 7 series one our Falcon and Commodore end production.

I want to see Dodge become a player in the supercars

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I don't think it's a bad thing having 4 & 6 cylinder cars , it'll become like the European series a lot of pocket rockets , proper racing , not down to who can park a car better in the pits .

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I don't think it's a bad thing having 4 & 6 cylinder cars , it'll become like the European series a lot of pocket rockets , proper racing , not down to who can park a car better in the pits .

I presume you are meaning DTM, in which case, what makes their series 'proper racing' as opposed to the V8SC?