Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharge or turbocharge

bigredvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr 5.0 Berlina Wagon
im looking at charging my vr 5.0 litre cn anyone tell me wat price range i am looking at size of charger type i.e brand and wat not and also the pro and cons or tubos and superchargers cheers!

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
the simple answer is search theres alot of threads on here about this. but superchargers around around $5000+ from places like raptor and capa n turbos are more expensive i think

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
super charger would be better on the 5.0ltr as they pick up earlier and the 5ltrs are a little dohy down low. A turbo would be interesting to see setup as theres not alot of room around for it and the piping and the actual turbo.

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
super charger would be better on the 5.0ltr as they pick up earlier and the 5ltrs are a little dohy down low. A turbo would be interesting to see setup as theres not alot of room around for it and the piping and the actual turbo.

I think a correctly sized turbo for the 5l would work well. You wont have lag as it has got decent capacity to start with.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Your probably right there, ive never driven a turbo 8 only 6's and some of them have horrible lag until the turbo finnally starts to come on