Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharge

IhateRICE!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS Atlas Grey
hi all

i was just wondering about a super charger for my VN and has anyone done as a home job??

if so where would i be able to get a supercharger and how much will it cost me????

Cheers

S

scared_

i've been looking into that for my vp, have a read of the "Turbo or supercharger" (https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-your-computer-for-faults-vn-vp.3937/7) thread started by me might give you a bit of info. you can get then from castlemain rod shop in vic for about $2'000. the sc is of a toyta 2lt v6, and runs at 3lb, the pulls can be chaned to get more boost, about 6 lb but the more boost you run the wore engine work you need to do, i think 6lb is really about the limit without to much work done.

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
Really depends on how much you know about your car... If your pretty handy and knowlegable with all things to do with engines, welding n muckin around when things don't work then go for it. I personally wouldn't recommend a home job (hence the reason companies like crs put so much cash into research and development of their kits). Ebay have cheap crs kits if you look for em. picked mine up for a pretty affordable 900

IhateRICE!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS Atlas Grey
hey all thanks

affordable 900 u say that not very affordable when u have a **** casual job a gay mart til skool finishes. well i'll have to wait.

so wats involved in installin the CRS charger??

anythin difficult??

N

nemodore

I Have Just The Blower 4 Sale Without The Mounts. $200. You Need To Make The Pipes And Lower Mount(have Templates).and Tensioner Assembly(147 From Crs) And You Need To Trick The Air Temp Sensor With A Relay And Diode Setup ($11 In Parts,also Have Wiring Diagrams 4 This).

S

scared_

when are you planing on selling it?? i'll be after one in october if you still have it, im in melb tho, possible to courier it down??

N

nemodore

its up 4 sale now. sorry but first in best dressed chris. i have a full kit too 4 $1500.

Last edited by a moderator:

IhateRICE!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS Atlas Grey
$1500 just abit steep but that is ur choice ( no offence)

but if i did get one how hard is it to install and trick the computer and all that??

do i need a different chip??

thanks nemodore

N

nemodore

the 1500 kit has everything you need to bolt it straight on to your car. no need to change the chip if yopu dont want to but it will get better results.tricking the computer takes about 30mins and some wiring skills to attach the diode and relay to the air intake temp sensor.install is really straight forward once you move the coil packs off the front of the engine and put them up the back.